Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable

Post subject: Re: Datamining 2: Game-ruining Boobraloo
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

And here I was trying to kill the community...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:10 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

essen wrote:
And here I was trying to kill the community...

The killing ruse was a......... DISTACTION

i HAVE the data

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm 

Still waiting to find out the new Dark Falz is just an Olga Flow Final reskin

The Dark Farce is that he's always just a reskin in PSU

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

schlagwerk wrote:
Still waiting to find out the new Dark Falz is just an Olga Flow Final reskin

The Dark Farce is that he's always just a reskin in PSU

Seems more likely that Yaorozu is a reskin of Dark Falz Dios and Dios itself is a new boss. Guess we'll see though.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm 

It's probably a fusion of those crystals that Nagisa is after and yet another A-Photon Reactor.

But don't worry, as it's a totally new idea. It will use crystals!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Mewn wrote:
The killing ruse was a......... DISTACTION

i HAVE the data
deudly data mining.....

are you next?

are you next?

are you next?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:25 am 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

If I kept up more maybe I knew about the leak earlier. :wacko:
Awesome job on the lists by the way. Especially useful to have the title list already, so now you can pretty much prepare to have all non-class titles on the first day after the game gets leakedgoes on sale, lolz.

Also, 5 times more mp needed, having to afk for like a month for the 1k hour title and forgetting about hunting Yasminkov 9000 on US before importing to the demo, ugh. XP

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 am 

5 times more mp? It's only 2x, 60000 to 30, and another 60000 (3k each lvl) to 50 according to that txt file Agrajag posted.

With the huge increase in mp to some missions (That pso dragon mission is 240 on s...), getting a level a type level in an hour will be around the baseline for grinding it out. Hopefully running normal missions on infinity difficulty gives at least that much as well.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

2x for 50 as opposed to 30, but 5x cumulatively (calculating from L1 for both cases). But yeah, with such a steep curve there better be easier ways to get it now. @_@

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:07 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Temprus wrote:
It's probably a fusion of those crystals that Nagisa is after and yet another A-Photon Reactor.

But don't worry, as it's a totally new idea. It will use crystals!

Funny you mention that, as enemy library text indicates that Dark Falz Dios is the 'remnants of Dark Falz gathered and revived' and also that these remnants can affect stuff (one of the new Stateria is described as having been driven wild by the remnants of Dark Falz).

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Uh-oh, double post.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10722409/new_weps_demo.rar - library pics of the new weapons in the demo data, for anyone interested.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Some weapon types seem kinda uninspired (i.e. the guns), but others are pretty cool, such as the shichishitou based on the four gods. Also liked how Greenill Card's description refers to it increasing LCK (is that a first?). Then there's that Gigaphone, mentioning how in rare cases musicians use them live as well; I'm probably missing like some Space Channel 5 reference, but whatever. XD

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

With all these pizza weapons, they really missed the opportunity to add Evil Crust.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:43 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Minor thing, but here are the words that make up the names of infinity missions. The names are in a two word format, the first being the name of the area and the second being a descriptor for the boss. Thanks to Espio for checking the translations.

Names are given in the following format: JP - EN (Short)/EN (Literal)

EN Short names are those intended to ape any official localization of Infinity. They're also there because English is simply not as concise a language as Japanese and the literal translations can sound unwieldy ('Sleeping Warriors' is arguably easier to remember in English than 'The Thing Sleeping Within the Ruins').

More literal translations are provided for the precise meaning, and because I'm sure some people would prefer them anyway and the shorter names are horrible disfigurements of the poetic originals. Or something.

新緑 - Green / Fresh Verdure
白銀 - Snow / Snow (corresponds to El-Bals)
密林 - Jungle / Jungle
繚乱 - Profusion / Profusion (corresponds to Mizuraki C.D.)
漆黒 - Ebony / Jet Black
幻想 - Illusion / Illusions
秘境 - Unknown / Unexplored region
覚醒 - Awakened / Awakened
常夏 - Summer / Eternal Summer (corresponds to the Resort area)
創生 - Creation / Creation

Only three (Snow, Profusion, Summer) exist in the demo. The rest will be in the final game. Given the number of areas in the game compared to the relatively few Infinity Mission areas, it remains to be seen if one Infinity Mission area can correspond to multiple actual areas. They don't in the demo, but, well, it's a demo. I would guess that, say, Illusions, probably encompasses all of the PSO areas, for example. But I could be totally wrong and we'll see in the full game.

Onto boss descriptors, but before I list them...

Yes, I know Hydra for Alterazgohg has little to do with the Japanese name, but I was struggling to downsize 'Sacred Beast' to one word, and Hydra has the benefit of a) being a multi-headed serpent and b) having links to the gods, which sorta fulfills the sacred part. Suggestions for a name closer to the Japanese on a post(card).

For Olga Flow I inverted Awoken One to Sleeper because English doesn't have a convenient word for someone who has been woken up to my knowledge. The implication remains the same anyway in practice - it was sleeping, now it's not (because you're fighting it?).

Some other names have been taken from the EN names of missions featuring them, similar to how their Japanese names are taken from the JP names of those missions.

De Ragan: 巨獣 - Behemoth / Large Beast
Zoal Goug: 翼獣 - Wings / Winged Beast
Bil De Golus: 震角獣 - Horns / Horned Beast
De Ragnus: 守護獣 - Sentinel / Guardian Beast
Alterazgohg: 聖獣 - Hydra / Sacred Beast
Dragon: 炎帝龍 - Emperor / Flame Emperor
Onmagoug: 凶飛獣 - Demon / Evil Flying Beast
Dimmagolus: 凶砂獣 - Terror / Evil Sand Beast
Faz'ntar Seg'ntar: 双生獣 - Twins / Twin Beasts
Azn'gom Gijn'gom: 六眼獣 - Beholders / Six-eyed Beasts
De Rol Le: 蛇獣 - Serpent / Serpent
Adahna Degahna: 機械兵器 - Mecha / Machine Weapon
Magas Maggahna: 破壊兵器 - Eradicator / Destruction Weapon
Reol Badia: 多脚兵器 - Multiped / Multi-Legged Weapon
Duga Dunga: 重装兵器 - Rumbler / Heavy Weapon
Dulk Fakis: 真闇 - Darkness / True Darkness
Dulk Fakis Final: 邪神 - Fiend / Wicked God
Dark Falz: 暗黒蛇 - Snake / Dark Snake
Dark Falz Final: 暗黒神 - Dark God / Dark God
Mother Brain: 電脳中枢 - Computer / Central Computer
Orga Spiritus: 侵略者 - Invader / Invader
Orga Angelus: 太陽神 - Sun God / Sun God
Orga Anastatis: 堕天 - Degenerate / Fallen God
Dol Vaveer: 地母神 - Landmother / Landmother God
Orga Dyran: 邪龍 - Wyvern / Dark Dragon (avoided Dragon as it would be confused with the actual Dragon)
Dilla Bravace: 刃獣 - Blades / Blade Beast
Giel Zohg: 殻獣 - Crustacean / Shell Beast
Volna Gravka: 甲殻兵器 - Armor / Armored Weapon
Olga Flow: 覚醒者 - Sleeper / The Awoken One
Olga Flow Final: 英雄 - Hero / Hero
Dark Falz Dios: 破壊神 - Annihilator / God of Destruction
Yaorozu: 神獣 - Godbeast / Divine Beast
Vol Bros: 三兄弟 - Brothers / Three Siblings
Seed-Helga: 破壊者 - Destroyer / Destroyer
Vivienne: 機動兵器 - Weapon / Mobile Weapon
Kasch Tribesman: 野生児 - Wildchild / Feral Child
Shizuru: 太陽王 - Sun King / Sun King
Renvolt Magashi: 戦闘狂 - Berserker / Battle Maniac
Heavens Mother: 神兵 - Soldier / God Soldier
Nagisa: 転生者 - Transmigrant / Transmigrant

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 am 

Enemy stats. In retrospect, "SPD?" is probably totally unrelated to speed, maybe something related to droprate. Enemies are using their internal names still; some are obvious ("Polty", "Rappy"), some are okay if you think about them (I'd imagine "YellowOoze" means something to people who've played the game), and a few are... well.. "RelicsSvaltus". I'll see if I can swap them for displayed name over the next couple days.

Damage resists are marked with "o" if they take half damage or "X" if they take no damage (only used for the invincible NPC battles from PSU--Ethan, Liina, Nav). For some reason, SEED-Venas 1st version isn't invincible any more, not sure why.

OT slightly: "The Thing Sleeping in the Ruins"? Guess that explains why the offline v1 version is "What is in the Ruins".

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:59 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Nice, I'll see if I can identify some of the enemies later, but stuff like "Ooze" does leave me scratching my head a bit.

And yeah, What is in the Ruins was a more literal translation, not sure if v1 offline has any other such translations.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 am 

Edited the enemy file with actual in-game names. Mewn has brought it to my attention that certain enemies have the wrong element (Rappy Rizona, Zelumon). If anyone can find any errors, let me know (preferably with a screenshot or something); these stats were taken from an extra copy of the enemy files that exists in the demo for whatever reason and may be out of date, particularly given the presence of the (alt) and (disabled) enemies in them.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Awesome stuff.
In today's blog entry Sakai wrote that the Dumans' infinity blasts would scale in power according to the player's type level, as well as getting additional bonuses at certain type levels (11+: HP restore, 21+: quicker charge, 31+: sleep SE, 41+: blasts last longer) -- which'd stack, meaning from 41 you'd have all of them.
I'm currently on OFW, but would anyone on CFW be able to hax a Duman to 200/50/50/50/50 so as to confirm the end-game potential of Infinity Blasts? I'm wondering if it'd be of any use, as on my L200 HUcaseal Starlight Cluster actually seems to compromise rather than improve my DPS... unless the monsters are like all over the room or w/e. Going by this vid they seem fairly useful, so if the numbers would add up well...

e: oh, the guy in that vid tried too; apparently noone managed to hax L50 types so far. Oh well.
(Also, I should stop being lazy myself.)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:00 pm 

big appreciation for all those info :D

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:22 pm 

Agrajag wrote:
There are events referring to seed_Phallus (presumably Dark Falz Dios) and neudaiz_Phallus, so... calling it now: Yaoroz is a Dark Falz Dios reskin.

this
http://bumped.org/psublog/yaoroz-a-divi ... -infinity/

has proved this theory is wrong. and not the final boss either.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I must be missing something, how does the link to the psublog prove Yaoroz is not a Dark Falz Dios reskin?

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 pm 

Yaoroz is a benevolent being. dark falz is pure evil. dark falz dios is probably going to be even worse than the average dark god. the pagoda motif has nothing to do with dark falz.
therefore, Yaoroz is completely original and not a dark falz reskin.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Dol Vaveer is a benevolent being, Orga Spritos is evil. Vaveer is still a reskin of Spritos.

The pagoda thing could be something else, like another head or something. Perhaps I should clarify, when I say 'reskin' I don't literally mean that the boss uses another skin on the same model. I mean bosses that are a) somewhat visually similar and b) have similar attack patterns, like the example given above, or, say, Adahna Degahna and Magas Maggahna.

If seed_phallus is Dark Falz Dios (sounds likely, as phallus has been used as a romanization for Dark Falz before), then it stands to reasoning that neudaiz_phallus (which is presumably Yaoroz, it doesn't fit any other boss) is a similar boss.

We'll see in a few days anyway.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:13 am 

never seen Dol Vaveer. let me check that.
ok, it is similar. not quite the same (save for attack patterns) but it's similar. but I still root for Dark Falz Dios being this
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8468/darkfalzty9.jpg
since Olga Flow was implemented.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 am 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Found a bunch of info on rebirthing on 2ch from early copies.
In short, all stats can be increased 10 times, rebirth point distribution over the levels makes sense, and unlocking L50 classes takes one rebirth from L200, 20 from L50.
Put them into an Excelfile here to try and make a slightly more sophisticated attempt at figuring out optimal rebirthing levels for both points (stat boosts) and class cap increments. I'd have made it a publicly editable GDocs file, but I hate GDocs for Excel editing, so just grab an offline copy to see.
The hardest part is obviously figuring out realistic times it takes to reach this and that level, especially for low-level rebirthing as it could fluctuate more depending on I don't know how many factors. I tried to assume Magashi runs from L1 (because it's been done as you've probably seen). So I don't wanna claim I got anything correct, especially for the low-level stuff (while I thought reaching L200 would take more like 200 Magashi runs too, so maybe something is off with the calculations), but for in as far as data was available, I believe the important part of my findings still stands: it seems they actually balanced out the rebirth points quite well -- from L100 to L200 everything seems just about equally efficient. Need more data about between 67 and 100 to see where it starts turning viable. For the class cap on a new character it'd be quickest to just rebirth at L50 20 times. But if you had already reached L200, you'd still have unlocked L50 classes as well anyway.

tld;dr don't bother thinking about efficient rebirthing, and you'll be about as efficient as it gets nonetheless.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 am 

Dark_Ansem wrote:
never seen Dol Vaveer. let me check that.
ok, it is similar. not quite the same (save for attack patterns) but it's similar. but I still root for Dark Falz Dios being this
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8468/darkfalzty9.jpg
since Olga Flow was implemented.
One of the trailers showed this thing:

I'm assuming that's Dios, considering it's colored like Falz/Fakis but doesn't match any of the previous designs for them.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 pm 

that looks like a Carriguine (ah, foolish hope is mine!)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm 

Agrajag wrote:
I'm assuming that's Dios, considering it's colored like Falz/Fakis but doesn't match any of the previous designs for them.

That is possible. Most likely Dios will be a reskin of Yaoroz (or vice versa) and Yaoroz is a dog with a 5 story tower on his back. Now looking at reskins in PSP2 and how they at least mess with the model and attack patterns so it's not just a straight up reskin, maybe on Dios they've turned the tower into an upper torso and given it arms.

So in short it's highly possible that Dios is a giant Carriguine <_<

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:56 am 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Apparently the game leaked by the way (as was to be expected).

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:00 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Tycho wrote:
Apparently the game leaked by the way (as was to be expected).

It has, yes.

I'm in space.

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable