Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable

Post subject: Extend code glitch?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:29 pm 

so i managed to get the dl missions to work and got 3 extend codes and used one on my frost shot. now my question is is there a known glitch for extend codes retrieved from the dl missions (i.e. the free 3 you get for doing max attack exchange for the first time)? i was using my frost shot+ on some koltova, which are weak against ice and it seemed to do less damage than my blackbull with earth attribute. you'd think since the extended frost shot is an element they should be weak against AND has a HUGE atk bonus compared to the blackbull that isn't extended, it'd do a big difference of damage. but the frost shot is doing around 110ish dmg and the blackbull is doing 125ish. any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Extend code glitch?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Probably because Frost Shot has reduced PA damage. Not sure on the exact value - the PSUP article says 70% of regular damage but the JP Wiki says 90%. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like 70% is more accurate though.

Don't think extending changes that.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 am 

ohhh ok. i guess i never really knew what the %'s in PP and PA meant. so when it says, 70% PA, it means it only does 70% of the damage with PA bullets? so if it doesn't have any bullets attached, would it be 100% of normal damage?
same thing with PP. if it says it's 130% PP, it means it's using 30% more PP. if i didn't have any bullets attached to it, would it be at 100%?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:26 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

I assume it applies even when a bullet isn't equipped, since they're not unique attacks like skills and technics. Can't say for sure though, never used a gun without a bullet.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 am 

well that really bums me out. frost shot was my all time fav gun from pso and i was super stoked that it's on here. but there are so many drawbacks to it, it's almost not worth the high freeze rate :-( guess i'll have to find a new fav rifle

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:35 pm 

yeah, i played around with different bullets on the frost shot and it's almost better off with no bullets attached to it. attach any bullets on it and the pp cost skyrockets and you spend a lot of time waiting for pp recharge. but with none, it's manageable and you can get a large combo count compared to with bullets attached. i'm still bummed about the drawbacks, but it's definitely still a great support gun; freezing the enemies and increasing the combo counter while your frontliners take them out

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable