Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable

Post subject: Enemy drop question
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 pm 

anybody know what determines what drops from the enemies you kill when the list on this site shows it has multiple items? for example, i've been hunting for a crimson nova from lvl 100 zoona's for a long time now and i've gotten maybe 4x rabol luminus and around 20x rabol orpads. on the site, it says it's common drops is the crimson nova and rabol orpad and it's drop under my class type is the rabol luminus. getting 20x rabol orpads and 0x crimson novas obviously shows it's not a 50/50 chance between the two items.

Post subject: Re: Enemy drop question
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 pm 

I dunno if its an even distribution when a monster has multiple common drops, but here's a write up on how the game handles the rare drop tiers, common drops, area drops, etc under Drop Mechanics:
http://psp2.psupedia.info/User:Ceresa

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 pm 

It's not even.

It's something like 10% chance to make the common check at 1-99, and 5% at 100-200. And the items in the common drop table added together make up that 10% and 5%, but it can be heavily skewed like 4.75% for one and .25% for another.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:37 pm 

Ceresa wrote:
It's not even.

It's something like 10% chance to make the common check at 1-99, and 5% at 100-200. And the items in the common drop table added together make up that 10% and 5%, but it can be heavily skewed like 4.75% for one and .25% for another.

that really sucks. if the 4.75% vs .25% is true, that really explains why i keep getting only rabol orpads instead of any crimson novas. guess trading is my best bet. this forum doesn't seem extra lively. is pso-world probably the best forum to go to for trade offers?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Most items above 6* can't be traded. Suppose you could go to PSOW and see if anyone wants to hunt with you or something?

I'm in space.

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable