Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable

Post subject: Hello~
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 am 

Heh, just a new face around here enjoying PSPo1. Yes, I'm well aware it's old news. Then again, I'm a bit of a noob to the franchise... However I do have some questions and observations from my playing the game so far.

First off, I have found a couple of adjusted drops. I've found Twin Flourescent in Endrum Remnants C and Real Hand Gun in Plant Recovery B (I was a Gunmaster and playing Multi Mode in both cases, just for the record). Still not much luck finding any of the other DLC Mission weapons, though (aside from the already known ones). Also Zoldeel is listed as a clear box drop for Train Recovery for HU/FM. While it IS an area drop (for all classes), I've read in some places (like the jp wiki and PSO World) that it is actually Zodial that appears as a clear box drop (though unfortunately I've yet to confirm it myself). Noszonde seems to be a standard clear box drop (since I have seen that drop, even as a Fightmaster). Lastly I've noticed on the wiki that some Crea weapons seem to be incorrectly listed as dropping in C level missions when they actually drop at A level.

Secondly......well, I do have a whole bunch of weapons I haven't found yet, nor do I really even have any clue where to go look for them. I think I may wait on that, since it's a loooong list...

Post subject: Re: Hello~
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 am 

Change it then.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 am 

Well, first off I wasn't sure if I had the ability to do so (in case only certain people are able to edit the wiki itself), not to mention I haven't registered for the wiki. Secondly, I guess you could say my finds are incomplete data. While I've at least confirmed those drop locations (except Zodial's, which I'm still trying with), I dunno if Ranger/Gunmaster is the only class that can get those drops, or if any of the other classes can obtain those drops.

On the note of Zodial, I'm well aware of it dropping in Cost of Research (a mission I can't currently complete), but as mentioned I've seen other sources list it as a drop in Train Rescue for a Hunter or Fightmaster. Now while I have no reason to suspect it was actually removed (I haven't seen anything unusual drop at the end of Train Rescue that might have taken its place, and it seems like any drops that were originally there for the Story and Multi missions are intact), I haven't run into it yet after a LOT of runs of Train Rescue with a 136% Rare Drop rate (which has worked for me in getting some other rares so far). Seems like rares off end mission boxes are the most infuriating for me. I'll keep trying, though.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:11 am 

I'm surprised anyone plays PSPo1 still.

Posting information here instead of the wiki is fine if you don't know how to wiki. It's still contributing. That said, as this is PSPo1, I'm not sure anyone who does update the wiki actually cares about that game anymore.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:46 pm 

Well I'm new to the series, so I wanted to start off properly (though I suppose if I wanted to to that, I should have started with PSU or AotI, but I didn't know about them at the time I picked up Po1 and 2). I'm one of the people still holding out hope for 2i coming out in english (slim to none as those odds are, but I'm not looking forward to the import costs and fumbling through menus otherwise).

I'm just...I guess disappointed at all the weapons that either still only have their japanese DLC mission drops listed, or in some cases no drop info listed whatsoever. The completionist I am (damn you all those years of Pokémon, .hack// (still holding out hope for Link, even worse odds those are), and Mega Man Battle Network/Star Force!), this is pretty frustrating pretty much just hoping I run into something. Like I said, I have a long list of weapons I'm looking for (maybe I'll post that later and see if anyone has found anything).

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable