Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable

Post subject: PSP2I Decisions and Questions
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:38 pm 

So I'm faced with a problem. I've been told mostly by rumors that PSP2I is going to come out November/December of this year, but I kind of doubt it, and I'm beginning to get a little impatient and I was wondering if anyone would suggest just getting the JP version. I recently went back to PSP2 and started to play with my friend, my main's name is Avion you might of seen me around, but I found that the community of hackers makes it hard to play and I've been holding a candle for infinity to come out but I'm really doubting that its coming out so I had a few questions.

1. Say I ordered Infinity from amazon is it possible for me to have my save data from the English version of PSP2 be transferred to Infinity? I do not have any modding tools and only have the original phat psp.

2. Would it be worth getting Infinity or should I wait and hope for the best?

3. Lets say (hypothetically) that Infinity came out in the US and I did end up getting the JP version would it be possible for me to change my save data BACK to an english version of the game?

4. I'm guessing that there are no, or at least any good, english translations for the game or else everyone would do this, i'm just checking.

I really enjoy the phantasy star games and I've been playing since maybe the early 2000s any opinion would be helpful and thank you. I'm not completely without hope though and i'm willing to wait a few more months, its going to be hard without a reliable online though. I was thinking about doing this for MHF3rd since I think there is a good translation for the game but thats a topic for another forum this isn't MHPedia.

Post subject: Re: PSP2I Decisions and Questions
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

All signs point to Infinity never being released outside of Japan, so if you ever want to play the game, it will have to be the Japanese version.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:40 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

1. Save games are region-locked and converting requires, if I remember right, a custom plugin. I think someone on PSOW may have run a conversion service at some point, not sure if they still are. If you can convert it, it'll still be a JP PSP2 save and you'll need to specifically import the save into PSP2i, but after converting the save that's the easy part.
2. If you badly want to play Infinity, get the Japanese version. As Qwerty said, all signs point to no English release.
3. Yes, but like with your first question it'd require converting with a custom plugin.
4. I think people on PSOW were working on a translation guide for the game, but there is no actual translation patch for the game. You'd think with the similarities to MH there would be, but alas, no.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:47 pm 

Ok thanks for your help I plan to wait a little to see if the game is coming out or not, but I really doubt that it is, if not I might end up getting the JP version thank you.

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Portable