Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia » PSUPedia Forums

Post subject: Recent forum changes regarding new users.
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 am 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Alternate thread title: What the fuck?! Why is my avatar Johnny 5?!

I probably should have posted about this a couple weeks ago when we actually made the changes, but I was lazy. Actually, I didn't even think about it until just now.

We recently updated our version of phpBB, and the new version gives us some improved ways of preventing spambot messages from getting posted. How does this affect you? If you already have an account, it doesn't. If you have just registered, however, there are a few things you should be aware of.

When you first register for the forum, you will be placed in the newly registered users group. While in this group, you will be unable to do pretty much anything other than post. You cannot change your signature, avatar, or anything of that nature. Additionally, all posts you make will need to be approved by a moderator before they will show up. Depending on when you make the post and who is available, it may take a short while for your post to get approved, so have some patience.

This sounds like it sucks, right? Yes, but there is good news. Once your first post is approved and goes through, you are automatically removed from the new users group, and you can go mess with your profile settings and all that jazz.

If you are new and looking for a good place to make a post to remove your restrictions, the introduce yourself thread would be a good place to start.

This was all probably really obvious and didn't need to be posted, but I felt I should anyway. Feel free to tell me if there are any problems with this system, including how grossly unnecessary this topic is.

Fuck it, this shitty "feature" barely works and I'm tired of deleting spambots. Back to the mandatory registration question.

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia » PSUPedia Forums