Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Zero

Post subject: Hey Espio
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:43 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Any chance you can translate these?

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081204d.html
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081201c.html
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081201a.html

Dunno if these have already been translated (by you or someone else), since I haven't really been keeping up with the news, but they seem pretty informative.

I'm in space.

Post subject: Re: Hey Espio
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Looks to be some new stuff. I'll see if I can get at least part of one translated shortly. I've got to head out to a job site soon, so I'll have to save the rest for later.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081204d.html

City - Custom shop
* You can modify your equipment at the custom shop.
* This allows you to strengthen the photon attribute of your weapons as well as synthesize elements.
* Element synthesis lets you apply an element to a weapon by using elemental cyrstals.
* Photon attribute strengthening applies to both weapons and armor.

Field - Arkana Plant
* This field is an energy plant on the surface of the moon.
* The enemies here are mostly machines.

Player record
* This keeps a record of numerous achievements such as earned titles as well as an illustrated item guide.
* This data is shared between all three characters.
* Quest record compiles data of cleared missions.
* There is an illustrated enemy guide which compiles enemies you've encountered as well as a count of the total number you've killed.
* The illustrated item guide compiles data of the weapons, MAGs, etc. you've collected.
* A rankings section is included to rank your records against your friends' records.
* The title record keeps track of different titles you've earned.
* Titles work just like in PSP where when you do certain things (for example, defeat all enemies), you earn a new title.
* The system also keeps track of the rewards you earn from achieving each title.

NPCs
* Dairon (human male) is the mayor of Dairon City. His JP voice actor is Banjo Ginga.
* Ana (newman female) is a mysterious woman who you meet on the moon. Her JP VA is Ai Maeda.

I'll move on the next articles when I get back later today. (Hopefully I won't be gone for too long.)

Last edited by EspioKaos on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updated the new field's name.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

No rush, Espio :)

At any rate what you've given us so far is interesting. Element as well as photon attributes? I wonder if this means they're combining the systems of PSO and PSU, or whether they'll just be special attacks as with PSO's elemental specials.

The whole player record with it's illustrated guides is interesting as well. Makes me wonder - it's long been a belief of mine that Sega used BB as an experiment to see how well a server-side game (that later became PSU) would work. Now I wonder if PSP was an experiment to try out new features (such as titles and the illustrated guides) to incorporate into PS0.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:54 pm 

Cutesy or not, I'll be honest, this game seems more fun by the minute.

Thanks for the translations.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 pm 

Pitching in my gratitude too for the info. This game sure is getting my hopes up more than I expected it would.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Alright, that took a bit longer than I thought it would. D: I had to walk a warehouse to inspect floor joints to see which ones needed to be repaired and all of that. I just did the math on it, and I ended up walking up and down the warehouse aisles enough times to equal over three miles. :lol:

Anyway, here are the other articles.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081201a.html

Multi-story
* Your character's race will have an effect on how the story unfolds.
* You'll be given choices in conversations with townsfolk and other NPCs, though it's not known if your choices will have an effect on the story.

Battle counter
* A battle counter (as in mission counter) will be available, but details are unknown.

Player record
* The info I posted on this in my first post gives details on everything here.

Enemies
* Well-known rare enemies will appear.
* As expected, they have a low chance of appearing but will drop rare items.
* "Boost enemies" are another enemy type, but details are unknown. (This info came from a promo DVD that was distributed to game shops.)

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081201c.html

Character creation
* FOnewearls naturally regenerate PP. A rate of two PP every five seconds was noted, but it's unknown if this is a fixed rate or if it changes. (Possibly could be a certain percent of the weapon's max PP that's regenerated, but when comparisons were made between a wand and gun, there was no difference in the rate.)
* RAcasts naturally regenerate HP. A rate of two HP every five seconds was noted, but it's unknown if this is a fixed rate. As with PP, it could be a certain percent of your max HP that's regenerated.)

Visual chat
* You can save your drawings as shortcuts to use on the fly.
* At least 21 can be saved, but you may be able to save more.

Learning techniques
* Technique disks appear as "Resta LV1," etc. when collected.
* Technique disks are considered "special items" and can drop from treasure boxes.
* Job/race restrictions are displayed for technique disks just as for equipment, by using abbreviations such as HH, HR, CH, etc.

Technique families
* The family originally named "recovery" was changed to "HP recovery." This includes the tech Resta.
* "Resuscitation" family was renamed to "status effect recovery."
* "Attack boost" series is now "ATP/TP boost."
* "Defense boost" series is now "DEF/resistance boost."
* "Attack down" series is now "ATP/TP down."
* "Defense down" series is now "DEF/resistance down."

Technique learning restrictions
* Your character menu will display the techs you can learn.
* HUmars and HUmarls can learn fire, ice and lightning attack techs, HP recovery and status effect recovery techs, and attack and defense buffs.
* FOnewearls can learn fire, ice, lightning, light and dark attack techs, HP recovery and status effect recovery techs, attack and defense buffs, and attack and defense debuffs.
* RAcasts cannot learn any techniques.

Charge attacks
* You can cancel a charge attack if you want. This will not spend any PP.

Weapon elements
* A weapon's element is named as the element plus its level. For example, stun LV1, stun LV2, etc.
* Status effects will randomly be inflicted with normal attacks.
* It is unknown how SEs will be handled with photon arts.

Weapon families
* Machineguns allow you to continue to attack while strafing.
* Gunslashes allow you to shoot from a distance as well as attack up close with a striking attack. It seems that you cannot form combos while shooting.
* Bazookas are single-shot ranged weapons, so you cannot pull of combos with them.
* Launchers are single-shot ranged weapons, and just like bazookas, cannot be used to form combos.

MAGs
* There is a four minute wait between feedings before your MAG will become hungry again.

Materials
* HP materials have been confirmed.
* PP materials have been confirmed.
* Humans have a maximum limit of 100 materials that can be used. The limits on the other races are unknown.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:28 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Ah, so elements are special effects rather than fire/ice/dark/what-have-you, interesting.

Four minute wait between MAG feedings? Urgh, raising MAGs was one of the things I disliked most about PSO (mind you, I didn't like raising PMs on PSU either). I hope it at least notifies you when your MAG is hungry this time around.

Thanks for the translations.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:56 pm 

Raujinn wrote:
Pitching in my gratitude too for the info. This game sure is getting my hopes up more than I expected it would.

I hate getting my hopes up for Sega games these days, but I'll be damned if Sega doesn't keep teasing me with just the right info to get my hopes up every time
EspioKaos wrote:
Character creation
* FOnewearls naturally regenerate PP. A rate of two PP every five seconds was noted, but it's unknown if this is a fixed rate or if it changes. (Possibly could be a certain percent of the weapon's max PP that's regenerated, but when comparisons were made between a wand and gun, there was no difference in the rate.)
* RAcasts naturally regenerate HP. A rate of two HP every five seconds was noted, but it's unknown if this is a fixed rate. As with PP, it could be a certain percent of your max HP that's regenerated.)

MAGs
* There is a four minute wait between feedings before your MAG will become hungry again.

Materials
* HP materials have been confirmed.
* PP materials have been confirmed.
* Humans have a maximum limit of 100 materials that can be used. The limits on the other races are unknown.

Yeah.. so.. same as PSO in these parts ;P

Quote:
Weapon families
* Gunslashes allow you to shoot from a distance as well as attack up close with a striking attack. It seems that you cannot form combos while shooting.

I still want the ability to netpunch anyone in the face who has a character named Squall Lionheart or any variation thereof
Seifer, too

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Zero