Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Zero

Post subject: New scans/Shougai PSO article (aka Hey Espio part deux)
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:52 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154990 - scans.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081212b.html - article

If you could translate, as per usual, it'd be appreciated Espio.

Also I think we need to start thinking about adding a PS0 namespace and maybe sprucing up that section a little bit... it's very bare bones.

I'm in space.

Post subject: Re: New scans/Shougai PSO article (aka Hey Espio part deux)
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:04 pm 

Giant mecha with exaggerated cod-pieces in MY Phantasy Star?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Fixed sentence chat (word select)
* While playing "free play" (i.e. with unknown people), this is the only way to communicate.
* Shougai elaborates on how the word select feature works, but I'm sure we all know, so I'll spare you guys the details.

Wi-fi play (1-4 players)
* Game modes for multi-mode include "friend play" (for those who have shared friend codes), "free play" (you can meet new people) and "single play."
* Single play lets you play alone.
* It also features different quests from what the story mode offers.
* Enemies in single play mode will have higher stats than those from story mode.
* While playing single play mode online, you can receive notifications automatically if a friend signs on.
* You can view various stats about your friends through their guild cards. This includes how many people are in their party.

Photon collector shop
* Cities have these underground shops where you can exchange Photon Drops for weapons and other items.
* Twinkle Star is one such exchange.
* Looking at the scans, Harisen, Eight Ounce, Animal Hand and Double Size are some more weapons you can get here.

Enemy collector shops
* These are secret underground shops in the cities that take in any enemy parts you find to create enemy weapons from them.

I know it looks like there's more information at Shougai, but they're just listing a bunch of PSO items as examples of PD and enemy part exchanges.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:14 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Does the Shougai article mention anything about Fixed Sentence Chat being in both Japanese and English?

Just that one of the scans shows an image where someone is saying both 『スイッチおねがい!』 and "Switch, please!"

It'd be a great boon to random Wi-Fi play if the stock phrases display in both languages.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:45 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Kind of. All it really says is that phrases appear in both Japanese and English. But that makes me wonder how cases would be handled where you've got a party of players all from different regions. I'd imagine that having four different languages displayed in a text balloon would get pretty cramped. I wonder why it wouldn't display only Japanese for a Japanese player and only English for an English-speaking player? (Unless of course this double display is just for giving an example of the word select functions.)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:02 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Quote:
All it really says is that phrases appear in both Japanese and English.

Damn, vague. Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote:
But that makes me wonder how cases would be handled where you've got a party of players all from different regions.

The logical system would be that each player sees the message in whatever language their game is set to (this was how word select worked, right?). This opens up the possibility that PS0, even the JP version, might have different language options for the fixed sentences, or it might use the language the DS is set to use. That would be a great boon and wouldn't be hard to do (since translating simple sentences is nowhere near the same amount of work as translating the entire story dialogue...).

Quote:
I'd imagine that having four different languages displayed in a text balloon would get pretty cramped.

It would, but that's rather unlikely to happen anyway. If the JP/EN text is a standard feature in the final game, it might be because one is the native language and other is the global lingua franca. Can't see them just adding the French/German/Spanish/Italian/whatever translations as well.

Quote:
I wonder why it wouldn't display only Japanese for a Japanese player and only English for an English-speaking player? (Unless of course this double display is just for giving an example of the word select functions.)

Could well be a test, but it'd be great if it wasn't. And if they've gone to the bother of implementing and translating this stuff so they can show it off when PS0 has no international release dates (or even announcements, yet), it'd be a waste not to use it.

Not sure if half of this even makes sense, but I got up at 5am this morning effectively and I'm a bit tired from the journey home so bear with me.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Bumping because of more info.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081218f.html - mobile site opening, not sure if there's anything interesting in there.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081219c.html - this has some interesting info... it confirms:

* Hard mode (unlocked by beating Story Mode on what is, presumably, Normal mode) and Super Hard mode (details are unknown). Better drops, more powerful monsters yada yada.
* Level cap is 100, and capping is balanced to take approximately 300 hours if I'm reading it right (and I might not be). That's according to the producer.

I'll let Espio look 'em over and translate, since he's much better at this kind of thing than I am. Now if only Sonic Team were French I'd be needed a bit more.... shoulda picked up Japanese in Secondary School :(

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Mewn wrote:
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081218f.html - mobile site opening, not sure if there's anything interesting in there.

Looks to be PS0-themed wallpaper for your cellphone. Says there's character artwork (Sarisa, Kai, Reve and Ogi), the package artwork and one for each character class. Also, four new ones will become available on December 25 with the game's release.

Mewn wrote:
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081219c.html

Looks like you've covered the more important stuff. Here are some other bits from what they mention.

Visual chat album
* This feature will let you download visual chat pieces from popular artists and the development staff.

Story mode
* New quests are added after clearing story mode.

Multi-mode
* The story mode status of the party leader in multi-mode games will determine what areas are unlocked to the rest of the party. (So if the leader only has access to one field, that's all the party will be able to play.)
* Friend codes will be exchanged automatically through wireless play.
* The game's mobile site will allow users to exchange codes.

Chain combos
* The maximum number of chains a party can pull off is 100.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:37 am 

Mewn wrote:
Now if only Sonic Team were French I'd be needed a bit more.... shoulda picked up Japanese in Secondary School :(

Well on the bright side, you can't be accused of being a animu weaboo faggot by studying French, and people won't assume you like your women under 14.

Related to the topic; Cheers for the info. Only ~6 days to go now. o:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:06 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Raujinn wrote:
Mewn wrote:
Now if only Sonic Team were French I'd be needed a bit more.... shoulda picked up Japanese in Secondary School :(

Well on the bright side, you can't be accused of being a animu weaboo faggot by studying French, and people won't assume you like your women under 14.

Nah, I just get accused of being a real faggot with a taste for wine and cowardice ;)

And yeah, not long at all to go now. Even less if you consider the possibility of it being leaked.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:33 am 

Can I throw something in here too?
-This seems to be about the dressing room feature, phonton plasts, giving your NPC partners orders, and a few other things. I included the rough google translation.
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081213a.html
http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl=...ji_n70GK5xvxag

I was looking at the NPC stuff, but I'm not too sure about what they can do. So here's what I think the website says:

1. They can act on their own.
2. They can do regular attacks (action-based attacks).
3. They can attack from far away (I'm not too sure what Shooter Site means, but the explanation underneath makes sense like that)
4. They can heal
5. They can stick with you and attack.
6. They can release photon blasts.
7. The photon blasts can be in a chain.

I'm pretty sure that all of these are the things that you can order them to do. So I'm assuming that they would normally just attack on their own.

What do you guys think?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:24 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Dressing room
* Lets you modify the visuals of your character.
* Everything except for your character type can be changed. (That makes it sound a bit more grand than I expect it'll be, however. Keep in mind that your class determines your costume selection, so it still has its limits.)

Chain combo
* A chain count starts with the successful hit of a charge attack.

Photon blasts
* A PB can be set off when your MAG's PB gauge is full.
* Still no confirmation of how the gauge is filled. (I'm guessing damage inflicted on enemies as well as yourself will fill it.)
* A photon blast is set off by pressing the L and R buttons at the same time.

NPC battle commands
* "Free order" tells an NPC to freely go into battle.
* "Attack shift" tells an NPC to go into an offensive mode.
* "Shooter sight" tells an NPC to use long-ranged attacks.
* "Heal order" tells an NPC to focus on healing.
* "Follow order" tells an NPC to stick close to the party leader.
* "PB release" tells an NPC to use their photon blast.
* "PB chain" tells an NPC to chain their photon blast with the leader's.

Miscellaneous
* The Naura Cake Shop and sisters are back.
* The quest counter receptionist should look familiar, too. (No names were given, though.)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:49 pm 

ah, nice translation. Nice to know the NPC's and customization has so many options. Oh and since im sure you guys are sick of translating stuff, I found a great translation of the latest scan from Famitsu.
http://gametsunami.com/2008/12/19/new-phantasy-star-zero-scans/

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Zero