Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Zero

Post subject: English screenshots
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:33 am 

So this was sort of posted on PSOW recently, but Ruby put up a blog post with a link to their flickr folder.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/08/06/ru ... reenshots/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaameric ... 363651500/

I'm hoping that they'll bring some sort of build to PAX (which is a month from now). Then again, pretty much anything beyond last year might be an improvement. They really didn't bring much of note. Maybe they'll start to up their game now that the show has more people (and this year apparently more exhibitors) than E3.

Post subject: Re: English screenshots
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 am 

I think the most PSZ we'll see at PAX is if I bring my copy. But I'm mainly hoping to find some good Monster Hunter Freedom Unite parties.

...and maybe some PSPo so I can finally get S ranks on most of the network missions

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:33 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

I guess we're coming up on the local release pretty quickly. Pretty soon we'll have to work on the wiki's section about the game to get it ready. O:

These screens will be a nice start since they give us a few localized enemy/item names.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 am 

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/08/06/pha ... pressions/

It looks like the game has already been shown in public to some fans. The set up seems a bit different though than what might be seen at a standard convention, so I'm not sure. Perhaps I can see what's going on/what might be able to go on.

I think the game is supposed to release by Christmas, so it would only be a couple months.

WARNING: Colorful language incoming!

Quote:
...and maybe some PSPo so I can finally get S ranks on most of the network missions

No one at PAX has a PSP. They're all too busy spamming cocks in pictochat/dicktochat/pictodick/penischat/penisdick/other variations with cock. I'll hand it to the crowd though. They certain find new and interesting situations to put them in. Not only that...but I've seen some surprisingly well rendered ones.

It's the one time of year that people seem to be able to take full use of pictochat and spend their time making sure the time to dick approaches zero. I imagine the same might apply to Phantasy Star...Zero. It's just a constant supply of digital dongs that makes me wonder why all the Nintendo DSes just don't all hard cock.

Lock...sorry.

If someone at Sega is reading this: If you bring PSZ to PAX, don't let people use visual chat.

Note: If you'll excuse me here, I believe that may be the extent of my personal bounds for this year. It just so happens to be a quite exciting time.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 am 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

S-T-H's link wrote:
This is something I preferred about PSO to PSU. PSU’s combat and button layout seemed to take two steps back from PSO’s - where I you could easily pull off a string of attacks and use spells/items with great ease, while in the middle of a battle. In PSU it seemed much fiddlier and the combat more stale.
Jesus H. Christ, how does someone this stupid have a position granting him early access to such games? I thought I was looking at a semi-professional preview, but instead it looks like I somehow stumbled into every topic on PSOW ever.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 am 

I saw that too and thought to myself 'holy crap what is this guy smoking?!'. There's some other random BS too.

Quote:
This wouldn’t be too big a deal if the environments were really big, but (as I said) they are tiny and I just feel that it is possible to get a little more out of the system. To give an example; Mario 64 DS has much bigger, open levels and sharper visuals. They are very different games, but it is clear that the DS can have good looking titles with large environments.

There's something to be said for a game with more/better textures, a higher poly count, and being a multiplayer action RPG with online gameplay.

Quote:
We were told that if you do go play online, you will need to exchange friend codes to use the PictoChat function. This is to help prevent random players abusing each other - you know the urge to draw giant willies onscreen is too great for some. But drawing a penis is fine if you know the person.

Oh I missed this part.

At least he didn't raise up PSO for having some sort of excellent involved story. He also used proper English.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:20 pm 

Quote:
PSU’s combat and button layout seemed to take two steps back from PSO’s - where I you could easily pull off a string of attacks and use spells/items with great ease, while in the middle of a battle. In PSU it seemed much fiddlier and the combat more stale.

S-T-H wrote:
At least he didn't raise up PSO for having some sort of excellent involved story. He also used proper English.

Or say PSO's customisation was better than PSU's, which is another I've heard once or twice.

Board index » Other stuff » Handheld Phantasies » Phantasy Star Zero