Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » PSO2: Electric Boobraloo

Post subject: "PSO2 News" vol.2
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:08 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

The second PSO2 info e-mail was sent out today. I suppose if this continues to be a weekly release, I'll start posting full translations of each one.

---
More leaks this week!
Hello, everyone! Assistant producer Bonkohara here!

After we began our behind the scenes of PSO2 mailer last week, we have received lots of messages from everyone. Thank you very much!

To better express how happy I am with this, I'd like to show my gratitude by introducing you to some adorable children!

This is my number one recommendation. Their plump little bodies are super-lovely!

(After Sakai learned about this leak)
Sakai: Hey!! What are you doing showing [...] Rappies here!? :<
Bonko: Tweet?
Sakai: :C

Despite his anger, I don't regret my actions at all! The cuteness absolutely had to be shown off!

Of course, these are Rappies, otherwise known as the mascots of PSO. But now they're 200% cuter!

For all of your Rappy-lovers out there, don't worry! This is only one type of Rappy that you may meet. But really, Sakai doesn't want to reveal more about that yet...

You will first run across these little guys in [...]. I think the way they feign ignorance will surely bring about a comical mood. Oh... I seem to be getting the evil eye from someone. Let's move away from Rappy talk for a bit.

"Are you only going to talk about Rappies?" Of course not! Let's move on to our next leak...

* Ignore the mosaic effect here. Maybe if you squint your eyes just a bit you won't notice...

Thank you for your patience! Here we've unveiled the Force! Surprising? Did it shock you? Oh... well, me neither...

There seemed to be lots of Force speculation. "Are they in? Are they out? What's going on?" So, what's your first impression? To tell you the truth, some of the most frequent questions we received were about Forces.

Furthermore, just what PSO fans have been waiting for, the ability to hit with a rod has returned! Surely you'll put this ability to good use!

And our final leak... we're festooned with Forces, it seems!
What is that coming from the rod? Is that a [...]? I wonder!

Well, that's all for today.

We've received numerous messages from everyone, so I think I can say that information on the alpha test and official site updates will be released soon.

Until next time!

We're accepting messages of support!
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

We still are accepting messages of support at the official site. We've received so many from everyone!

Oh, yeah!
If you weren't selected for the alpha test, don't feel so glum just yet! If all goes well with the test, we plan to increase the number of participants. And in the end, because our goal is to have the majority of the alpha test applicants participating, don't give up hope yet. Just hold out for a while longer, soaking up new information while you wait.

Incidentally, this is the official staff message board that was mentioned before. This bulletin board (its name is AP) is packed with the messages that have been collected.

Each and every one of your voices is important to us! Please, keep sending in your thoughts!

Official site is open!
The official site is open, showing off a promotional movie and in-game screens! Though the screens do show work which is still in development, we feel that they will give you a good sense of the battle system and fields. Head over to the official site if you have not checked them out yet!

http://pso2.jp/

Post subject: Re: "PSO2 News" vol.2
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 pm 

As toothball said in IRC, that wall is probably mostly "MAKE IT MORE LIKE PSO"

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 am 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

EspioKaos wrote:
Here we've unveiled the Force! Surprising? Did it shock you? Oh... well, me neither...
I'm glad that at least someone at SEGA realizes how fucking stupid all the MAYBE THERE WON'T BE FORCES IN PSO2?!?!? speculation is.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm 

New pics and info:
Quote:
Good Morning, Today Bonkohara released an email newsletter revealing on July 26th, Sega will hold a media briefing for Phantasy Star Online 2. This media briefing will talk about the setting, concept, and races for PSO2. As such, Sakai will give a presentation showing off PSO2 and will release information on the official site and related sites when ready.

With much pleading by Bonkohara, Sakai has allowed us to watch the event on Nico Nico Douga. (You’ll need a Nico Nico Douga account if you want to watch any videos from that site). Please check out Sakai’s blog on the 25th for information about the broadcast.

According to Sakai’s blog, “PSO2 content that has been shrouded in mystery, will finally become clear! Please look forward to this briefing because a large amount of information will be shown.”

So that HUnewearl in the previous email newsletter, did you notice something? You remembered her weapons?

Well in these images below, Bunkohara has each player character use a name from PSO. However there are no NPCs from PSO in this game.

PSO2 now has a new weapon category making it’s debut, check it out!

Here’s Sue (in a blue name) throwing an enemy around. You can use this weapon to attack an enemy from a distance. Also in the screenshot, there’s Hopkins next to her.

This guy looks similar to a gorilla type enemy from the Forest. Kind of like the Hildebear, but that’s not his name. Such big hands, why he could throw something with that. His size is considerably large, it would make more sense to compare his height by checking out the last image.

See he’s quite big, but there’s… there’s… 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...9? Hmm somehow there’s a lot of people fighting this one enemy. (According to the screenshot, this enemy is called RockBear)

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pso2-aug-calendar.jpg

PSO2 August Calendar 2011
Chosen by the Development Team

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-enemies-development-screenshots/

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ezodagrom
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom
Origin/GFWL Gamertag/UPlay: Ezodagrom

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:20 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Thanks! I'm actually working on a full translation of the e-mail now (complete with Bonko's... "eccentricities.") I should have that finished after while.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 pm 

Looks like in that last picture there's 11 characters, someone in the bumped.org psu blogs pointed out that there's 2 dots in the distance in the mini-map, possibly where the red chat bubble is coming from.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ezodagrom
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom
Origin/GFWL Gamertag/UPlay: Ezodagrom

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:51 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Six was already too many. :<

Board index » Other stuff » PSO2: Electric Boobraloo