Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » PSO2: Electric Boobraloo

Post subject: "PSO2 News" vol.3
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Another week, another e-mail! Translation... go!

---

PSO2 media briefing planned!
Hello, everyone!

We have scheduled a media briefing for Phantasy Star Online 2 for Tuesday, July 26! All game media and official staff are invited to attend. The presentation will showcase information on the world, races, concept, etc. of PSO2 as well as feature a play session with Mr. Sakai and a chance to play the actual game.

Stay tuned to the official site and other news sites for more information!

Live broadcast and leaks
Assistant producer Bonkonhara (Bonko) here! Time to take charge over this newsletter again!

"Still no news!?" I've heard from some people. Don't worry! The media briefing is coming soon! Just hold on a little longer for that!

The media briefing is intended just for official media staff, so, the general public are not allowed in. UNFAIR! They want to see the official announcement, too! Even if it's only a video of it happening! Please, Mr. Producer!?

That is how I complained to Sakai every day.

Bonko: I want to see the presentation! I wanna see! I wanna see! I wanna see! I wanna see!
Sakai: AAAHH! Be quiet, you!! :<
Bonko: I wanna see! I WANT to see. I WANT TO SEE!
Sakai: ... Al... alright.

I was worried, but it all turned out just fine in the end. I was so happy to find out that it would be broadcast via "Niconico Live Broadcast!" And since it can be viewed by anyone registered at Niconico Douga, the world of PSO2 can be experienced by all! (And if you won't be able to view it live, be sure to use the Time Shift feature at Niconico!)

We'll publicize the video page July 25. Look forward to it!

With the news of the Niconico broadcast, I have become so happy. So happy I think it may kill me!

In the previous newsletter, a certain HUnewearl was shown. Surely you noticed? And did you notice her weapons? "I noticed!!" I hear you all say; I figured as much!
(Ah, in today's screens, player names are taken from PSO NPCs. Those same NPCs don't actually appear in this game, however.)

As it turns out, that weapon is of a brand new category for PSO2! With that said, here is today's first leaked screen.

Look at her blast that enemy away! Such power!! If you acquire a [...], any mild-mannered individual can become a whirling buzzsaw! The name has been censored by our beloved producer, but between us, it seems you can really put the hurt on an enemy if you swing it just right!

Personally, with its reach, I say this weapon would be great for attacking enemies from a distance. Even if you aren't one for being in the middle of all of the action, I still think you can beat the hell out of something while calmly standing by.

Since we've talked about weapons, of course enemies are involved. Which leads to our next leak!

Judging from the looks of this beefy guy, I'd say it's a power-type [...]. It reminds me of... a large gorilla-like enemy from the forest. Oh, a Hildebear!! ...but that's not its name. It's only reminiscent of it. I'd imagine that getting smacked by it would send you flying. And if you were stepped on... surely you wouldn't survive that! And if it grabbed you with its massive hands... you'd probably be tossed around! AAHH!!

Considering its size, there's no way it could be terribly nimble. Oh... I may have a battle scene to show you...
Yes, here it is! Our final leak...

Even from a distance, its size is incredible! Oh...? What's this... and this? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... What the...? Are there that many people fighting!?

...AAH!!

Sakai: Hey! What are you doing with my most prized screenshots!? :< Those are for the media briefing!
Bonko: What...? Oh, they just... slipped out.
Sakai: You just took them from my folder!! :<

Oof, he's pissed! But I don't regret my actions! Just like playing an online game, it's fine to go solo, but it's more fun with a group! Same way with these pictures. A single screen would have been so lonely!

Bonko: Forces are out, too! I think we're really getting down to the good stuff!
(Next, I want to reveal [...]! And on the subject of PSO, [...]!)
Sakai: Bonko... there was a certain timing to all of this. (Hehe!)
Bonko: ...but once you see one, you must see the next! It's what everyone wants!!
Sakai: Not yet. Now, stay out of my way...

Well, I understand how you all feel, but I just can't open his eyes to it. Ugh... how long will this argument continue...?

Well, that's all for today! Hang on for the media briefing for even more news! There will definitely be some even more shocking information then! And maybe even a date for the alpha test!

Original wallpaper
The development staff have selected a scene for a new wallpaper. We hope you use it on your PC!
* 1024x768
* 1280x1024
* 1920x1080

Official site is open!
The official site is open, showing off a promotional movie and in-game screens! Though the screens do show work which is still in development, we feel that they will give you a good sense of the battle system and fields. Head over to the official site if you have not checked them out yet!
After the upcoming media briefing, expect a major overhaul!!

http://pso2.jp/

Last edited by EspioKaos on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fixed some typos; I really should have proofread this better!

Post subject: Re: "PSO2 News" vol.3
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:00 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Sakai: :<

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:00 pm 

The new forum description made me laugh

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:55 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

It made me [...], but then I [...] because of course, it's [...]!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:50 am 

But... Wednesday is the 27th... >.>

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Oops, my mistake! Don't know why I put Wednesday; it's supposed to be Tuesday. (Fixed!)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am 

So anyone else notice there are 9 Named figures in there?
Ok 1 is hiding behind the grass but his name is there!
So loads of NPCs or open world?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, I noticed. I'm leaning more toward the idea of an open world. Hopefully tomorrow's media briefing will shed some light on that, though.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:05 pm 

Has there been a scheduled release date, or time frame for when it will be released?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Nothing specific has been set. It's still just listed as "2011." The alpha test is scheduled to begin mid-August, however.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:59 pm 

Oh, so it's set for this year? I was expecting next year..

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm 

I'd assume it's 2011 for the JP version though, right? EN would take a while longer, I'd assume..

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

An English release hasn't even been announced yet, let alone given any kind of release window.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm 

"Global servers/release/something-to-stay-in-sync-with-the-JP-servers or GTFO" I suppose... no way I would want to deal with staggered updates ever again.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:48 pm 

Oh, lame! I tried joining JP PSU, but it was too big of a pain to try to read everything.. >.<

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 pm 

I really wish Sega's western studios were using their ample downtime to work towards a simultaneous (or near simultaneous) release of PSO2

...this is only because I don't want to start playing the JP version and be disappointed when the gimped, fucked up release of an English version comes out and I can't enjoy it because I know better. Sometimes it is better to be ignorant...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 am 

schlagwerk wrote:
I really wish Sega's western studios were using their ample downtime to work towards a simultaneous (or near simultaneous) release of PSO2

I agree, though I don't get why we can't have an english version of the game, but still be on the same server.. Even if we can't, it would be very nice to have near-equal servers.. I'm really not going to put up with the PSU shit again..

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:57 am 
    PSUPedia SysOp

Sega don't care about PS outside of Japan, they evidently feel that the games don't do well enough to be worthy of much attention.

There's also the issue of cheating and how destructive our cheaters can be compared to their Japanese counterparts (who are much more low-key, as a general rule). Sega would actually have to put effort into stopping this and they may just feel that it's easier to segregate and let the foreigners have their cheat-infested servers.

I'm in space.

Board index » Other stuff » PSO2: Electric Boobraloo