Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other stuff » PSO2: Electric Boobraloo

Post subject: Separate US/EU servers confirmed
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:35 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star ... eign-fans/

Quote:
Basically each area will have its own separate server. They plan to have Europe and North America share the same server.

Since the laws of handling cash items is different in each country, it’s difficult for them to have everyone share the same server.

The PS cycle repeats yet again. Does anyone actually believe at this point that Sega aren't going to fuck this up?

I'm in space.

Post subject: Re: Separate US/EU servers confirmed
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:58 pm 

For Sega to not fuck this up SoJ would actually have to support the international release. That means hiring people for SoE/A that are actually competent. That means giving the international release a budget for advertising, doing a good translation, and getting decent VAs.

Also things that I think would help is: minimalize the update gap between JP and foreign servers. In an ideal world, SoJ would actually work in conjunction with foreign offices so the localization gets done while update content is being made.
Rebalance Arks Shop prices for foreign market.
Get their ass on Steam for the added exposure. Worked for Spiral Knights and Nexon recently added all their F2P games.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:58 pm 

schlagwerk wrote:
Get their ass on Steam for the added exposure. Worked for Spiral Knights and Nexon recently added all their F2P games.

Yeah, especially with how Steam is changing their patching policies, developers will have the freedom to update their games whenever they want, without having to go through certification.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/12/how-s ... e-its-role

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ezodagrom
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom
Origin/GFWL Gamertag/UPlay: Ezodagrom

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 am 

FUCK!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

On the Steam thing, it's interesting to note that Guild Wars 2 isn't going to be on Steam (at least at launch). The official explanation for this is that Anet has issues with Valve policy, but I've heard stuff about Valve taking a cut of any cash shop sales? I don't know if this is true, and it certainly seems odd that other F2P games would throw their lot in with Steam if the cut is substantial.

On the other hand, Guild Wars 2 is a major AAA release with a huge amount of hype. It may be that Anet simply feels the exposure Steam offers isn't worth the cut Valve supposedly take. This, I assume wouldn't be the case for something like PSO2, which has a cult following but is nowhere near mainstream.

It'd be interesting to see PSO2 on Steam though, but something tells me Sega won't bother even if it would benefit them.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:13 am 

The day Sega Actually does good on PSO2 is the day they say FUCK YOU SONIC! <.<

Im excited for it yes. But Its gonna end up being just like PSU, if im wrong im gonna give someone a million bucks.

Board index » Other stuff » PSO2: Electric Boobraloo