Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia

Post subject: The PSUPedia to-do list
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Let's try this again! Herein is a list of major updates and changes to be made at the PSUPedia. The majority of these changes fall under converting old, outdated articles to newer formats, but other smaller bits of work to be done are also listed. If there's anything you think should be added, post here to let us know. Also, be sure to tell us if you've taken care of something on the list so it can be removed.

Conversion from DPL: These articles need to be converted from their current DPL-based charts to the new template format. This will help reduce the number of 504 errors people run into when viewing these articles.
* Line shields
* Units

Articles requiring localization: These articles require confirmations of their official English name, description or both.
* All articles listed here.

Articles missing English descriptions: The majority of these articles are for items which are exclusive to the Japanese PC servers which need English translations of their Japanese descriptions.

Articles missing Japanese descriptions: These articles are missing Japanese descriptions.

Articles missing Japanese names: These articles are missing Japanese name data. Generally speaking, most entries here are for items which are exclusive to the Xbox 360 servers (unique weapons and the like).

Manual of style update: Lots has changed here (and in-game) since the manual of style was originally written. Lots of updates need to be made across the entire article to bring it up to date.
* The PSUPedia manual of style

Set bonuses: The set bonuses article needs to be updated to make sure that all sets are listed, and then all sets need to be noted on the respective equipment articles.
* Set bonuses

Drop template update: The drop template used on item pages needs to be modified to include the ability to identify that an item does not drop.
* Template:New drop test

Enemy drop charts: Enemy drop charts need to be updated to add new missions and verify existing ones. Also, the new LV190-199 tier needs to be cleaned up for all charts. These are the big charts displayed on individual enemy pages.

Area drops article: Overall, it's just out of date. The charts could use an overhaul and info on higher drop tiers needs to be added.

Last edited by EspioKaos on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Added more to the list.

Post subject: Re: The PSUPedia to-do list
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 am 

Could you provide the new template format for the items? Also, are you and I the only ones here?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Sadly, Espio is pretty much the only one who maintains the wiki anymore.

The rest of us...sort of...don't really bother anymore. :\

As for the forum itself, it's just busy enough, if you ask me. We don't have a lot of the pointless whitenoise posting that makes other fora seem so "busy."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm 

Is there a way I can just html script it? this wikimedia scripting this is way too different from my methodology.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:22 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

While HTML works on MediaWiki, it won't be able to produce a page in a style matching our established standard. While the wiki scripting isn't too far removed from HTML in some cases, it is still rather convoluted.

This is one of the myriad reasons we will be moving away from MediaWiki for our PSO2 endeavors.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 pm 

I do hope to be actively involved with that project. The more experience I get the better. Plus mixing the experience with enjoying the games I love? All the better. I do hope to work with you all on that.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:37 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Well, then you ought to get in touch with essen. He's the one working on it.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:18 pm 

How do you recommend I get in contact with him?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Hi.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:42 am 

Hi to you too.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:46 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

I've added a lot more stuff to the first post, but on the other hand, I've converted the shotguns and machineguns articles from DPL to the new templates. \o/

I was thinking that for some of the larger undertakings, I could make individual posts in this thread to help keep track of their progress. For example, if I had something that dealt with all weapon categories, I'd list all 27 of them, then remove each one as they are completed. Or, if a section is started, but can't be finished all at once (a very likely scenario), it can be noted where the changes were left off. (Ideally, you'd start at the top of the weapon category and work your way down, or some similar way of organizing your progress.)

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia