Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSP2 wiki todo list
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:44 pm 

First line is definitely defense stat up during PA.

So hmm, that second line...

Well first, if it's a monster counterattacking, what monster actually counters? What even defines a monster countering, aren't all of their regular attacks literally counters if you're aggressive? But then, only a tiny handful of enemies actually guard for that defense penetration to work, so maybe there's some obscure mob that has a special counterattack. Maybe I'm overthinking and it just means any monster attack while you're in PA won't flinch you, hence the attack without worry(of the PA being interrupted), finish your combo, and eat your mates.

If it's a player counterattacking, sure seems awfully lazy for them to not write Just. Still it is written in kana rather then some counterattack Kanji, which I would assume is done as a reference to the Just Counter game mechanic.

Or since you said it's for skills, does that part apply to techs too? Just Counter wouldn't apply to charge shots obviously so maybe they're just trying to make that distinction? Though I'm not sure you can counter with techs in this game, but would assume you can.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:56 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, just for skills. They give a whole different set of descriptors for Technics: 小やられ, 通常やられ, 転倒 and 吹き飛ばし.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 pm 

Fascinating. Well thinking it through, of course just counter wouldn't work on madoogs or rods...

But after testing, it also doesn't work on shield + wand. You can still "counter" and get the yellow flash but you don't get the +25% damage, presumably you don't get the invincibility frames too but that's rather irritating to confirm with 100% certainty.

And as said earlier, just counter doesn't let you instacharge and counter with a charge shot.

So if it's just for skills, then I'm leaning towards that passage simply being a hey, just counter works for these!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:31 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Heh, I guess so! Considering that, and the only other detail it gives being a free DEF boost, I'm even more inclined to just call it "DEF up" in the charts. Of course, on the main skills page, I'll define both of the specials so the JC part gets mentioned as well.

Thanks for your help with this!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:08 am 

Just letting you guys know I'll get some more work done on the enemies page over the next week or so; I've been pulling some long shifts at work lately so it hasn't got finished yet.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:26 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

No worries. Thanks for all of the help, of course!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Template:Weapon_stats_test

Going by the bonus stat data that Ceresa added yesterday (thanks for that, by the way), I decided to do a weapon stats template overhaul that would support that information. (See above.) The way it's coded, if we were to implement this, all we'd have to do is update the current template with the new code and it would take care of everything else by itself since all of the parameters it needs (category, rarity) are included in the current template. The only articles we'd have to edit are the exceptions to the rule, which would be the ones Ceresa noted yesterday , the rare spears and Kubara copies.

Also note that I've added a version icon space in anticipation of Infinity. When I fill the code in for that, I'll set the default value to PSP2, and then make a switch for the expansion. I figure a red 2 and an orange ∞ would suit those well. I may try to whip up little icons for that later, but I'm sure someone else could do much better.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

And done. All weapon articles have been updated with the new template, and all exceptions should be taken care of. Now to move on to other stuff... D:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:44 am 

Well, I'm pretty much new, but I was looking over your PSPedia2 and noticed that main things were there, but it's still missing a few things...

I would like to at least help out a bit, but I would like to know, what exact template should I provide for things such as Partner Machinery?

Just to clear things up.

EDIT:
I made this for the PSPedia2 page... Not sure what you think about it as I wasn't exactly sure how to go about doing this, but still. Enjoy.

Credit goes to me, image source from SEGA.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:16 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I reckon Espio is our resident expert on this but I don't believe we have a format or template for partner machinery. For now you're free to use whatever format you desire (even just plain text at a pinch), we can sort out the nitty-gritty later.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, so far no set template for MySynths or partner characters in general, but I just looked at the section on them in the Perfect Bible, and it's given me an idea of what we could do. Each section has an image of the NPC with a short description., and then lots of stat tables. First, the basics (race, gender, battle type), then stat modifiers. The largest of the tables relates to shortcut orders. It gives a percent to show how often the character does certain actions (attack, heal, charge shot) based on the current given order. From there, we could add other data such as how to get a certain character's partner card or how to upgrade your MySynth to a different model.

Love the logo; nice work on it! Any chance you could do an alternate version with a different font? I like the Parum font and that it matches the Little Wing text (good idea changing the 2 to a Z), but another version with a more legible font (that still matches the LW text) for our name couldn't hurt. At least to give a little choice. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:47 pm 

Mewn ;
At best, the most I can provide currently is name, description, and price [so far]. I can confirm that MySynth 520, was it? gives you 521 after befriending it, in my experience. As an example, at least.

Espio ;
Good to know -- and I would, but the thing is, I don't really know which font is used in the PSUPedia or PSPedia2 logos, and until I get it, that's all I have that looks nice enough, in my opinion. Neudaiz + Moatoob fonts are far more illegible, so I obviously can't use those, and oldschool PSO font doesn't look the same. Regardless, that's just a 5-minute-job for the smaller picture. I could work on the main page header as well, if you could provide some ideas.

EDIT:
Once again, I explored and found this... Thoughts?

EDITEDIT:
...I got curious as to what I could make for a banner. I'm so-so on this.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, that font could work! And it goes pretty well with the Parum font, too. (I'm not sure what the name of the font used in our other logos is, to be honest.)

The banner's pretty nice, too. But, the character art for Emilia and Chelsea seems to be squashed a bit. D: Really, I'm not sure how well a banner would work considering variable monitor resolutions. With the logo in the upper left, that's at an established size, but the rest of the main page is determined by the viewer's resolution, so they could have tons of blank space on either side of it with higher resolutions or at lower resolutions, might end up with a scroll bar at the bottom.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm 

I'm pretty sure we won't have scrollbars, because I'm posting all this from a netbook... Ideally the smallest resolution out there nowadays.

But who knows, there's still people with older computers out there. I don't know.

But otherwise yeah, I'm quite sure it'd be fine. I just measured the width to the width of the block surrounded "PSPedia2" and "Under Construction" and worked with that.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 pm 

Minor thing, but noticed it while browsing the PSP2 JP DLC items: the sell price is listed as unknown for all of them, but in reality they can't be sold (they appear grayed out with a blank meseta value).
I can do this quick change to save you all the time, but what would you prefer to have it listed as?
"Can't be sold." or "N/A"?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:56 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I'd prefer 'Can't be sold' myself.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm 

Ok, changing all the DLC item pages to "Can't be sold" then.
Maybe a "CBS" code could be added just like "Not for sale" has NFS in case more weapons show up in the future like this? Will most likely be useful for Infinity.

Edit: All done, set them all to "Can't be sold".
Maybe the "Drop Information" parts could be changed to "Non drop DLC Item" or "Doesn't drop" or even just "DLC Item"? Although it does mention they're DLC items in the item details above, so it's not so important.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Thanks for that! And actually, the shop template was already set up to recognize "CBS" as "Cannot be sold." But, it's my own fault for not having that mentioned on the template page itself. D:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm 

You're very welcome!
Oh, oops, gotcha, I'll go switch it all to CBS then, might as well use it if it exists. :)

Edit: And finished switching them all to the CBS standard shortcut.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 am 

I've been thinking lately... And though of something:

The Mirage Blasts pages don't really have an explanation of what each mirage blast does.

...Like for example, the dark Human one doesn't really explain the fact that it speeds up your attacks, both regular and PA, but not movement...

Just as an example. And I believe a lot of items have outdated drop charts.

This is going to take a whiiiiile. hahaha.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:01 am 

Just a quick list of all the items exclusive to DL missions on JP, and to keep an eye out for when/if someone finds one in its new home on the gomi version. My bad if a similar list was already made. Sorted by mission to make sega feel worse for leaving so many out. Bruce page was omitted since seems it already has a page.

Challenge II
Stage 1 Nights-doog
Stage 2 Exorcism Wand
Stage 3 Edge Quolia, Kanon Quolia, El Curare, Al Curare
Stage 4 Bil de Vear Rod
Stage 5 Dark Meteor
Clear: Ten'imusou (probably no new drop location, since you only need to get all 250 titles)

Fanta Quiz Battle
Phantasy Burger
Showtime Room Ticket, Hot Seat Room Good

Jump
Soul Phoenix, Black Nyoibo, Excalibre
Shisoku Tenkai-zan, Chikki Kyoren-jin,Save Fever 28-30

Gemaga
Tumikiri Hyori, Tsumikiri-Omote, Rengokuto Gren, Twin Kamui, Yiel Weave

Macross
Lambdacalibre, Lambda Excalibur, Bugei-senba
Renkai Buyou-zan, Shusou Retsuzan-ga, Rikisei-sou 28-30
Demonic Laevateinn, Demon's Devastation, Yiel-senba
Power Prism 28-30
Delnadiblade, Eye of Rykros, Eternal Dimension, Bugei-senba
Kyuusei-shiki 28-30
Queen Viera, Black Rebellion, World of Guardians, Rabol Cesta, Yiel Weave, Kevlar Suit
Sougacho Sekka, Retsuzan Souhi-jin, Barada Powga, Kyuusei-shiki 28-30

Phantasmal Requiem
Rabol Cesta, Rabol Feril, Rametoku-senba, Edel Fusil, Edel Arrow, Ely Sion

Famitsu Max Attack Exchange
Cinep Nasur, Tiga Ragac, Germinus Ganac, Granahodorac, Tiga De Ragac, Rep Nasur
Puyoment Aura
Sonic Knuckles Tails Amy Room Goods
Disc 23

Macross Exchange
Gaia Crusher, Yasminkov 9000, Dagger of Serafi, Kronos Keis
Ethan Neo-Magashi Laia repcas, Guardianz Formal
disc 21 22
Kakwane Figure, Booma Figure, Rappy Gugg Figure, Jaggo, Relax Jaggo, PPT Shuttle, Komazli Print blah another 20ish, if those are in shop the rest will be too.

Macross Exchange Special
Gran Orca, Cho Hee, Ikotenyoku, Kotetsu

Unobtainable 28-30 discs on both versions:
Skill: Bogga Danga, Dus Daggas, Anga Jabroga, Rising Crush
Bullet: Long-Range Shoot, Save Shoot, Barada Longa, Kyusei-sou, Chousei-sou, Long-Range Prism, Long-Range Bullets, Power Shot, Long-Range Shot, Yak Longa, Chousei-shiki, Hit Fever, Long-Range Fever
Tech: Razonde, Megid

Last edited by Ceresa on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:25 am 

That's... quite a long list of JP specific stuff... o.O
The NiGHTsdoog is at least implemented in regular drops (from Flavits B or whatever their EN name is) or as rewards for finishing the game either in normal or hard (like the repca outfits), so wouldn't surprise me if some of those others are also in there somewhere.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:18 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

DarK-SuN wrote:

Awesome. Thanks again!

Modoru wrote:
I've been thinking lately... And though of something:

The Mirage Blasts pages don't really have an explanation of what each mirage blast does.

...Like for example, the dark Human one doesn't really explain the fact that it speeds up your attacks, both regular and PA, but not movement...

Just as an example. And I believe a lot of items have outdated drop charts.

This is going to take a whiiiiile. hahaha.

Yeah, there's still a decent amount to be done. D: As far as drops go, the majority should match up between versions, so we'll just have to track down which ones were changed and mark them as such. Of course, we also have to finish adding all drops to the weapon pages.

Ceresa wrote:
Just a quick list of all the items exclusive to DL missions on JP, and to keep an eye out for when/if someone finds one in its new home on the gomi version.

Freaking awesome. Thanks so much for this! I'd planned on looking into which items were DLC mission-exclusive, but I had no idea when I'd be able to get around to it. This is a big time-saver, so thank you!

Now we'll just have to update mission articles as we confirm these drops. And to help with this, I've updated the drop chart template to allow for a regional ID. (Also added a game version column in anticipation of Infinity, but we've still got a few more months before that'll really come into play.) Anyway, by default, the regional ID is set to display both the EN and JP version icons since most drops fall into this category, however if you identify a drop as either |Region= JP or |Region= EN, only that icon will show up.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 am 

EspioKaos wrote:
DarK-SuN wrote:

Awesome. Thanks again!

You're very welcome. :)

EspioKaos wrote:
Now we'll just have to update mission articles as we confirm these drops. And to help with this, I've updated the drop chart template to allow for a regional ID. (Also added a game version column in anticipation of Infinity, but we've still got a few more months before that'll really come into play.) Anyway, by default, the regional ID is set to display both the EN and JP version icons since most drops fall into this category, however if you identify a drop as either |Region= JP or |Region= EN, only that icon will show up.

That's great, I'm sure we'll be seeing several changes here and there, so this will really come in very handy!
And to be completely evil, there's always that possibility of Infinity being released in english as well (slim as it may be at this point), so eventually you'll need to add a fourth "Infinity EN" value.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 am 

I'd like to note I just found someone mention they got a Soul Phoenix from an Ill Gill in A Rank Twin Demons. The weapon has no drop information and does not list it in Twin Demons. Should I add it?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 am 

Maybe it's one of those EN changed drops, since it was from a DLC mission before.
Guess it's time to start using the EN tags!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:08 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

I've updated the NiGHTSdoog and Soul Phoenix articles with the information that's available so far. We still need to confirm a few things on each, though.

- What level Flavit B1 did the NiGHTSdoog drop from?
- What was the party leader's type when each item dropped?
- Does the drop carry across to all types or just specific ones?

We'll have some blanks for a while, but with enough research, we can get it figured out.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:17 am 

Oh, snap.

I thought I included that in my post. He was a vanguard.
That's all I have.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:28 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Thanks, I've added that to the article.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 am 

Before I forget... Do we have a template we can use for Sayo the Mystic?

Also contemplating making pages specifically for Weapon Shop, Shield-Weave Shop, and Item Shop.

And Type Shop, isn't that necessary, I believe.

Just noticed they were done. Hahaha.

Also, might as well post this since I'm here:

I think we'd better communicate if we had some sort of IM service, such as MSN, AIM, Skype, etc. I have pretty much all of them, so I'd appreciate feedback on the suggestion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia