Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSP2 wiki todo list
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Go to #psu on irc.lunarnet.org - most of the staff is usually there or can redirect you to the right channel for what you need.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:14 am 

Argh. I need to start using IRC. Honestly.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 pm 

So hmm, getting all the drop locations into each weapon article, are you working on some nice way to automate the hell out of that? Or is it going to be a heroic manual undertaking?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:17 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

It will require us to perform an heroics. D:

As far as I know, there's no way to do an automatic fill with our current setup. =(

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah I'm not aware of any real feasible way for us to do it automatically. If it's possible it probably involves tying the wiki in knots and will probably not be good for the site's speed.

This is just a natural disadvantage of the wiki in some ways and one reason why other resources need to get their arses in gear.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 am 

Enemy locations are done (minus story missions but whatever).

Shouldn't be too bad to go through each enemy drop table and fill in the weapon pages from there. Then go through the clear boxes for each mission afterwards and get those done. Not too bad for the 10* and above and whatever is a rare box under anyways. All the vendor junk can wait.

edit: Well thanks to striking rares already being done, getting the rest of the enemy drop rares listed on the necessary weapon articles didn't take too long. Just need to hit all the clear boxes now.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm 

I'm working on fixing the links on the title pages, making sure all the rewards have pages, but afterwards, I can take care of the following:

Done, will work on the following after I get home from work (~3 hours):

* A room decorations article needs to be created, as well as individual articles.
* A remodeling tickets article needs to be created, as well as individual articles.
* Titles page needs to be completed, possibly seperated into subcategories for ease of reading.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:51 pm 

would like to work on the costume/parts stuff. mostly and gonna start grabbing pictures and was wondering if there is a specific file type preferred here for the images?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I say go with PNG. Also on the costume pics, would it be possible to take them from the dressing room to get individual parts? In particular, it would be for the ones that have more than one part to them. (The visiphone's costume log just shows the whole outfit, regardless of shoes, pants or top being selected in the list.)

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:22 pm 

will be easier on non-casts for individual parts. as the body suit for nude on casts isn't as easy to see as a body suit. am thinking the vision phone may give the best pics for those. (am working female atm male may be different)

edit: Image (it's not edited just yet) is about what i'm thinking of for cast stuff. full view of the whole set. or just using the vision phone's front back shot. (and prolly back shots on the ones with stuff going on back there. =p)

Last edited by Berryblood on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:26 pm 

ZeroTheBurninator wrote:
I'm working on fixing the links on the title pages, making sure all the rewards have pages, but afterwards, I can take care of the following:

Done, will work on the following after I get home from work (~3 hours):

* A room decorations article needs to be created, as well as individual articles.
* A remodeling tickets article needs to be created, as well as individual articles.
* Titles page needs to be completed, possibly seperated into subcategories for ease of reading.

But I already did this...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Berryblood wrote:
edit: http://www.berryblood.com/random/psp/screen38.png (it's not edited just yet) is about what i'm thinking of for cast stuff. full view of the whole set. or just using the vision phone's front back shot. (and prolly back shots on the ones with stuff going on back there. =p)

Ah, yeah, it is hard to tell where it starts and stops. D: I guess in that case, work on the non-Cast stuff for now. The guy who sent me all of the weapon images from the visiphone catalog also included costumes, so I can cover the Cast stuff with that if we need.

Also, I forgot how the windows take up so much of the screen. I guess some careful cropping will be in order.

Modoru wrote:
But I already did this...

Individual articles for each ticket, though. Something where we can add pictures to show each room, for example.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I didn't just imagine that there was another post before this one, did I? D:

The Braves Jacket article looks great. I've added the list of female clothes that Mewn typed out for us last month to the female clothes article for reference, so you can go off of that when you do more. Of course, there may be some other articles that require disambiguation (like this with one "female clothes" in the title), but you don't have to worry about that initially. It can be sorted out later if there isn't already an article pointing to the disambiguation pages.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 pm 

there was one but i figured out what i was doing during the time after i posted and thought it unimportant =p that or i'm causing madness. hehe

say the ginormous list of doom. will go through and neaten the ones i can get pics of. =3 thanks for that though. just need the japanese names is all really.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Cool, thanks! Also, don't worry about adding "female clothes" to the end of each one. Only certain ones will need it (just the ones where the male and females clothes names match). Since I don't think many male clothes articles are made, you can just make the female-specific article for now, and if any need to be renamed, we can take care of it after.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 pm 

EspioKaos wrote:
Individual articles for each ticket, though. Something where we can add pictures to show each room, for example.

Yeah, about that --
I've been posting in PSO-W forums, trying to help out and whatnot, and I've gotten PMs from at least two people asking how they can help contribute to the page. One of them said they had the means to provide screenshots and whatnot, and the first thing I suggested was the Room decoration thing.

If they can provide a screenshot of what each remodeled room looks like, we'd be set. Seriously.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:52 pm 

EspioKaos wrote:
Cool, thanks! Also, don't worry about adding "female clothes" to the end of each one. Only certain ones will need it (just the ones where the male and females clothes names match). Since I don't think many male clothes articles are made, you can just make the female-specific article for now, and if any need to be renamed, we can take care of it after.

will do. though a few on here that won't update properly even though the pages have the right info. each has an image though. will do more later. =3

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 am 

Berry - You want to do the clothes, and I'll take care of the room/remodeling stuff? (including screenshots of the rooms/MySynths)

If you can't find any of the clothes, pop their names over to me - You can edit the drops in memory in order to make whatever you want drop from every creature (very helpful!)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:03 am 

ZeroTheBurninator wrote:
Berry - You want to do the clothes, and I'll take care of the room/remodeling stuff? (including screenshots of the rooms/MySynths)

If you can't find any of the clothes, pop their names over to me - You can edit the drops in memory in order to make whatever you want drop from every creature (very helpful!)

sounds like a plan. i have a few friends that are willing to pose for cast stuff. female anyways. so may hit them up for parts pics. will have to see how they come out first.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 am 

Almost done with the Room Decorations page (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Room_decorations)

After that, I'll be creating the individual articles for the remodeling tickets, then fix the Title system page, followed by the MySynth stuff. THEN I'll do the individual room decorations (Ugghhhhhhh).

Also, I noticed the monster data images are all in JP. I can screenshot the english stuff and replace them, if that's okay with Mr. Kaos.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:00 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

ZeroTheBurninator wrote:
Also, I noticed the monster data images are all in JP. I can screenshot the english stuff and replace them, if that's okay with Mr. Kaos.

That's cool with me. Actually, it might be better to just have the images cropped around the enemy image itself (like we currently have with all of the weapons) since the flavor text will ultimately be at the top of each enemy article. If you take screens of each entry, there's a program called IrfanView that can be used to batch-crop everything all in one go by setting up a template with coordinates to crop around the black area since it remains static in each screenshot.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm 

Quote:
That's cool with me. Actually, it might be better to just have the images cropped around the enemy image itself (like we currently have with all of the weapons) since the flavor text will ultimately be at the top of each enemy article. If you take screens of each entry, there's a program called IrfanView that can be used to batch-crop everything all in one go by setting up a template with coordinates to crop around the black area since it remains static in each screenshot.

Sounds good. I just finished organizing the Room Decorations page (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Room_decorations), so I'll re-order the titles and work on the Remodeling tickets next, followed by the grinding stuff (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Weapon_grinding#EN_ver._upgrade_values).

EDIT: Just finished re-organizing the titles page. (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Titles)

EDIT2: How do I get the following rooms?

Koltova Room
Pannon Room
Showtime
Lunga Room
Secret Cave

Once I get those screenshotted, I'll be done with the Remodeling tickets.

EDIT: Filled in most of the EN ver upgrade values. Looks like every weapon has one incremental value.

EDIT: Revamped the Remodeling tickets page (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Remodeling_tickets)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:00 am 

ZeroTheBurninator wrote:

EDIT2: How do I get the following rooms?

Koltova Room
Pannon Room
Showtime
Lunga Room
Secret Cave

Koltova Room: last chapter
Pannon Room: chapter 9
Showtime: Fanta quiz battle
Lunga Room: chapter 8
Secret Cave: clear story

Individual weapon/shield/module pages todo list
Mention set bonus
Mention if obtainable as title reward
Mention fixed attribute on shield weaves (Some are done, not sure if all)
Mention availability in english trade missions (DL ones are done)
Striking rare locations from DL mission clear boxes
Shooting rare locations from every clear box
Tech rare locations from every clear box
Shield rare locations from every clear box (or maybe just DL didn't look)
SUV/Mirage Blast locations from every clear box
Every non-rare 9 stars and less needs...everything...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:24 am 

Showtime appears once you clear the story in my case [on EN version].

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 am 

Ceresa wrote:
Koltova Room: last chapter
Pannon Room: chapter 9
Showtime: Fanta quiz battle
Lunga Room: chapter 8
Secret Cave: clear story

Sweet, thanks. :)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 pm 

My bad on the shadoog category bonus.

Anyways, are you able to make boss drop templates/update their pages with drops, or is there not enough info on the perfect bible? Preferably for Dark Falz/Fakis and the Olgas for those pesky Max missions where it draws from both tables if you fight both but one table when you only fight one.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:55 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Ceresa wrote:
My bad on the shadoog category bonus.

No worries. It was a quick and simple fix, anyway.

Ceresa wrote:
Anyways, are you able to make boss drop templates/update their pages with drops, or is there not enough info on the perfect bible? Preferably for Dark Falz/Fakis and the Olgas for those pesky Max missions where it draws from both tables if you fight both but one table when you only fight one.

The book has charts for each boss, but their accuracy is up for debate. I think we've already run into a case or two of the game dropping stuff that the book doesn't list (maybe I'm remembering wrong, though; I can't seem to recall any specific examples), so I'm a little iffy on using their drop charts. But, I have been wanting to look into it some more, mainly to do some side-by-side comparisons with some of the boss charts in the book verses outside sources, like what the JP wiki has collected along with what EN players have seen drop. It definitely couldn't hurt since using the templates would be way easier.

Tell you what. I'll try to write up a chart for one of those bosses you mentioned soon (can't promise I'll get to it tonight, but I can try), and we can start from there, looking for discrepancies and whatnot.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:51 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://psp2.psupedia.info/User:EspioKao ... drop_chart

Success! I took one of the easier ones; this is for Falz's first form. DF Final's chart is about two times that size. D:

I've duplicated this one right down to what I assume are errors in the book. Note the varying level tiers for the common drops at the top versus the type drops at the bottom.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:41 am 

Let's see,

26-50 and 51-74 are perfect on spoiler. Lot of gaps on wikiwiki but nothing that contradicts.

100-124: halarod is missing from force, but it's there on wikiwiki.

150-174 tier: spoiler wiki has halarod instead of kazarod for force type, wikiwiki has kaza, everything else same.

175+ tier: all good on spoiler, wikiwiki is missing a lot of drops here.

Well ignoring the different tier break points for a moment, it all seems fine, I don't think there's any instance where they would be different. Boss levels for him are 27 / 74 / 124 / 174 / 190+ or so. Those tier differences might not even necessarily be a mistake. Since every mission has a monster level divisible by 5 and the bosses are +4, there's no way to get from 1-25 but not 1-24, except on train rescue which is c at 21, but it doesn't have a boss...Of course if it was just this boss that had the tiers set up differently well misprint.

Incidentally if you look at the way spoiler wiki divides gemaga http://tinyurl.com/25drk8m, they have the box drops extending one level higher than the enemy level as well, so maybe there's something to that.

DF Final having an even bigger drop has me curious though, can you do a quick glance through and see if all of the DF1 drops are in his table too? The only mission where you can fight just falz final came out after the printing, so maybe that would need a bit more attention.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, looking over DF Final's chart, everything from its first form seems to be duplicated there. I checked a few other multi-form bosses and the same thing seems to apply.

I guess the only things we'd really have to figure out are the PA disc levels (likely just based on the normal enemy level system) and the Weapon Badge grade layout. That shouldn't be a problem, either. I imagine we'd be able to compare badge drops on all bosses based on their level to come to a conclusion on where each metal type ends and a new one begins.

If I have time Friday, I'll write up the Falz Final chart for you; otherwise I'll try to take care of it over the weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia