Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PSP2 wiki todo list
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 am 

Just adding this in.
Someone found a Grand Orca from PSO Forest in PSP2EN.
This sure throws things into an interesting spin (and probably more evidence that english DLC missions are unfortunately a no go for PSP2EN).
Here's the post where the person mentions it: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpos ... count=1364

To note that the person apparently converted their JP save into an EN save, but this shouldn't have any bearing on the drop, since the game still uses the EN drop charts.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Thanks!

Never much messed with it before, but I guess I'm going to have to start scouring that thread for bits of info like that. D:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:14 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Here you go, Ceresa. I finished up that chart for DF Final.

http://psp2.psupedia.info/User:EspioKao ... drop_chart

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:00 am 

Thanks, lot easier to see what belongs to what with that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

To help keep track of which sections I've fixed the extend stats on due to the weapon upgrade variance by region. If anyone else has completed a full section, let me know and I'll cross it off the list.

* Swords
* Knuckles
* Spears
* Double sabers
* Axes
* Twin sabers
* Twin daggers
* Twin claws
* Sabers
* Daggers
* Claws
* Whips
* Slicers
* Rifles
* Shotguns
* Longbows
* Grenades
* Laser cannons
* Twin handguns
* Handguns
* Crossbows
* Cards
* Machineguns
* R-Mags
* Rods
* Wands
* Tech-Mags
* Shields

Last edited by EspioKaos on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Done! \o/

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:23 pm 

I didn't see it directly in the ToDo list but there doesn't seem to be another specific PSP2 wiki thread so I'm posting this update here...

I fixed and added a couple Pizza Shack links to the wiki. Previously people had been linking to a non-existing, dedicated Pizza Shack page. Until one is created, I've changed the link to point to the Pizza Shack anchor of the Rare Areas page, like this...
Code:
[[Rare_areas#Pizza_Shack|Pizza Shack]]

I didn't update the 2 Japanese only item pages. I mainly wanted to indicate this update because it's handy to know how to link to another page's anchor.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Cool. Yeah, messing around with things like that is definitely a good way to get started editing. Wiki markup is pretty easy to get used to (was for me, at least), so I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm 

(Clothes and parts) to do list:
Male clothes
Female clothes Finished
Male parts Finished
Female parts Finished

I'll go ahead and finish the Costume Shop list. Finished.
I don't know the chapter availability though.

UPDATE: Redid Costume Shop page into links so it's more manageable.
* Clothes sorted by Shirt/Pants/Shoes/Top Set/Bottom Set/Full Set
* Parts sorted by Arms/Torso/Legs/Full Parts Set

When I get done I'll check the related links in other areas and make sure they lead to the correct pages.

Just wanted to make clear what I plan to do.
Also, where can I find the Japanese names for the items?

Last edited by Ghosting on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:52 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Great work, thanks for all the help!

You can get JP names for all of the items from this post.

Concerning shop availability by chapter, I'm working on collecting that data now. I've typed up a full shop inventory (at least up to clearing normal mode) which you can view here. At some point, I plan on going back through the EN story mode to see when each item shows up. Most I'm sure will match up with the JP version, but we know now that there are some items that appear at different times in each version, and in some cases, items that are available for purchase only in the EN version and not the JP version.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:44 pm 

*sigh*
I didn't know there was a page for the shop inventory. Would have saved me from retyping everything. Oh well, the Clothes Shop pages are complete now, including Hard Mode items. t(^.^t)

I'll get started putting in the JP names for the clothes and parts pages.
(And update that list with what I can)

Also do the charts update themselves? Some items I changed in the Clothes and Parts section didn't update on the main chart.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, stuff like the JP names should fill in over time. I think it may just take a bit for the wiki to catch up.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:09 am 

Only about 30 more female clothes pages left to make then that's done. Leaving that for tomorrow.

Gave the Jukebox disc page a face-lift.

Was thinking about the Status effects page. Maybe add charts to show differences between levels of effects? For instance like the difference in effect length from LV1 - LV5.

EDIT: Added links.

Last edited by Ghosting on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:27 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Ghosting wrote:
[Jukebox disc] page...[Status effects] page.
If you're trying to or want to link to the page from the forum, use the psup tag.

Like this:

Status effects

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:22 am 

Qwerty wrote:
Ghosting wrote:
[Jukebox disc] page...[Status effects] page.
If you're trying to or want to link to the page from the forum, use the psup tag.

Like this:

Status effects

But this a PSP2 topic. So it would be this Status effects ^.^
I didn't do it out of pure laziness on my part. I'll do it from now on though.
Didn't think anyone actually cared for those pages.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:47 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Hmm, I'll bet we could set up custom tags like the [psup] one for PSPedia2 and Zeropedia to make them link to the appropriate wiki. Who was it that did the PSUP ones in the first place? I can't remember. D:

In the meantime, I'm working on boss drop chart stuff.

http://psp2.psupedia.info/User:EspioKao ... drop_chart

I've set up two new examples there. One for mission articles and the other for individual boss articles. For the latter, I had to make one more adjustment to the drop template, so you can add |PA display=N to the template to remove the level display for photon arts. Reason for this is because the disc levels are based on a separate tier system from the rest of the drops.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 am 

EspioKaos wrote:
For the latter, I had to make one more adjustment to the drop template, so you can add |PA display=N to the template to remove the level display for photon arts. Reason for this is because the disc levels are based on a separate tier system from the rest of the drops.

With the levels gone it will make it harder tell which ones are PAs. Maybe when hiding the levels it replaces it with PA, that way it will still distinguish itself from the rest of the drops?

EDIT:Is there a page that lists all the bosses yet?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:39 pm 
PSUPedia Bureaucrat

Ghosting wrote:
But this a PSP2 topic. So it would be this Status effects ^.^
Nevermind, I am an idiot.

EDIT: Just added PSPedia2 and Zeropedia tags.
EDIT II: Added PSP tag too because why not.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:20 pm 

Is it OK if I make some changes to The Offertory Box? To change the "Treasure Warehouse" to the EN version "Repository." And also change The "C Rank" to the EN version "Class C" to be consistent with the game. Was also going to add headers to the charts for Weapon/Shield-weave/Outfit/Decoration, to make it easier to tell what category the item is in.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Ghosting wrote:
Is it OK if I make some changes to The Offertory Box? To change the "Treasure Warehouse" to the EN version "Repository." And also change The "C Rank" to the EN version "Class C" to be consistent with the game. Was also going to add headers to the charts for Weapon/Shield-weave/Outfit/Decoration, to make it easier to tell what category the item is in.

Go for it. I made that article shortly before US release so the terms used were (hastily-done) translations of the Japanese rather than official localizations.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 am 

Finished the page. Check it out here: The Offertory Box
Ended up redoing the whole page. Looks great IMO.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:12 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Looks great!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm 

EspioKaos, the Costume Shop in the game lists the colors as Black X Sky Blue and such. Thats why I went with that set up.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:39 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, the game goes nuts with unnecessary capitals. (Sorry; my fault for not bringing this up to you before.) But since colors aren't proper nouns, they don't have to be capitalized. (Same with the X between them.)

This is something I meant to have sorted out long ago with the manual of style. I was just running with what we'd established in the PSUP style guide and never got around to transferring it to the PSPedia2 guide. Last night I started on that, but didn't have enough time to get that far. I'm going to try again later today to see if I can get the rest of it typed up.

Don't worry about fixing the affected articles if you don't want to. I can go back over them and make the changes.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:55 pm 

Ah! I'll take responsibility for the changes I've made. ^.^
Might not get to all of them today. Glad this came out before I got started on the Male clothes!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, anything in a header (== Header text here ==) would work the same way. The first word is capitalized, but all others are lowercase (unless an actual proper noun is used, like a character, weapon or mission name). If you want, you can look over the PSUPedia manual of style for more info. Most things will carry over the same, though there will be a few differences due to how certain names were changed for PSP2. (CASTs to casts, for example; or TECHNICs to Technics, GUARDIANS to Guardians, etc.) Ultimately, what I'd like to do is whittle that down for the PSPedia2 so it isn't nearly as bloated. D:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:47 pm 

Yeah, that's a big list. Can the JP only items use gray color instead of red? Red is misleading.

EDIT: OK, saw the new JP only template for clothes now. The JP DLCs still get red?
EDIT: Why did the category thing work for you!? Make the clothes one work too. *beg*
EDIT EDIT: Liking the gray. Doesn't stick out as much. Red was like, "HAHAHAHA can't have meh!"

Last edited by Ghosting on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:57 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, we can try gray. Originally, I was thinking green, but then switched to red. I guess the red probably does seem to imply it's not available at all (like it means on the main wiki).

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm 

Had an idea for Costume Shop tables. Old:Men's Clothing New:User talk:Ghosting.
This could also apply to the other shops I guess.

The old one showed the shop exactly how it lists the clothing (minus the categories). But it is rather long and it's difficult to find out what is new in the next chapter.
The new one lists by chapter and separates into different categories. It's much easier to tell what new items arrive in what chapter. And it's no where near as long.

It would be too much work to make the change before the chapter data is collected.
Thoughts?

EDIT: The new manual looks great. Very easy to read. Should mention the error I made though (Black X Black). I wasn't the only one to make the mistake and the game shows otherwise. Best to make it clear in case anyone else thinks the same.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

That looks nice! I think it could work well for the shop articles.

Earlier today, I was working on transferring more shop data from the JP perfect bible to the page of shop data I started. As I was going through the book's lists, I noticed there are a lot more weapons available for purchase in the EN version of the game than I originally thought. Before, I thought it was just some of the low-grade Kubara replicas, but it turns out that 8★ manufacturer weapons are there, too. After all of this data is compiled for both versions of the game, we'll be able to update the shop templates used in the articles to reflect the correct data.

I'm going to try to do some more with that (and the boss drop templates) later today, but first I've got to take a break and work on getting my apartment cleaned up since I've got friends coming over later tonight. Also got to make sure dinner is cooked and ready for them. D:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 am 

Any objections to turning http://psp2.psupedia.info/Skills into a super chart with all the info like on http://psupedia.info/Skills or the psu suimasen wiki? Nice to compare everything without opening 5 tabs, and it's as simple as copypaste the chart from each skill. After adding the following hit numbers of course...

Not sure how to update templates, so I'll just leave this here, number of hits in each combo for skills.

Skill / part 1 / part 2 / part 3
Grand Crusher 4
Gravity Break 2/1/1
Spinning Break 2/1/2
Tornado Break 1/1/1
Bogga Danga 3/2/2
Ikku Hikku 4/4/2
Bogga Zubba 4
Bogga Ranpa 1/4/1
Bogga Robado 4/2/4
Dus Daggas 2/3/3
Dus Skadd 3/3/3
Dus Majarra 3/4/1
Dus Robado 1/2/2
Spiral Dance 3/2/3
Absolute Dance 1/4/1
Tornado Dance 4
Cyclone Dance 4
Gravity Dance 4/2/1
Anga Grudda 4/2
Anga Redda 2/2/1
Anga Dugrega 1/1/2
Anga Jabroga 2
Splendor Crush 3/3/4
Assault Crush 2/2/4
Cross Hurricane 4/4/3
Blade Destruction 4/4/4
Rising Crush 2/3/3
Moubu Seiren-zan 4/3/3
Renga Chujin-shou 3/1/2
Soujin Ranbu-sho 4/4
Renkai Buyou-zan 3/2/4
Hishou Jinren-zan 3/3/4
Bukuu Rensen-ga 2/2/1
Renzan Seidan-ga 4/2/1
Chueiji Tosshin 3/3/1
Sougacho Sekka 4
Rensan Senshou-ga 3/2/3
Gravity Strike 3/4
Spinning Strike 2/2
Infinite Storm 4/4
Rising Strike 2/2
Buten Shuren-zan 4/4
Hikai Shuha-zan 4/3
Shisoku Tenkai-zan 4/3
Shunbu Shouren-zan 2/1
Shousen Totsuzan-ga 3/4
Senten Kanzan-ga 2/1
Shusou Retsuzan-ga 1/4
Bukuh Saien-zan 3/2
Vivi Danga 4/3
Vivi Dezza 4
Vissi Grudda 3/4
Choto Kantsu-jin 2/1
Chikki Kyoren-jin 1/2
Retsuzan Souhi-jin 2/2
Rekku Chouhi-jin 4/4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia