Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia

Post subject: PSP2 wiki todo list
 Post Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Post stuff here that needs doing on the wiki, or that you want to see on the wiki. I'll try and edit this first post to keep it current.

If you have info we could use and don't want to post it on the wiki for whatever reason (don't know how to format it or whatever) you can post your info in this forum and we'll try and take care of it. Or post it on a relevant talk page on the wiki, since formatting isn't a big deal there (just put ~~~~ after any comment so you sign it).

Todo list

Items
* Drop data needs to be completed for all items.
* Individual shield-weave articles are lacking descriptions, drop info, set bonus info, and shop buy/sell prices.
* Weapon category pages need descriptions (some just need a little cleaning up). DPL pages also need to be modified for future updates.
* Weapons shop page needs to be tidied up, condensed (instead of listing every weapon, just say 5* weapons, and list the price on the individual page article), and possibly explained.
* Costumes shop page needs to be completed as currently it only lists costumes unlocked after beating hard mode.

Missions & Client Orders
* Most story missions either have no article or a very basic one, they need a codified mission layout (see the Seabed Ruins article for an example).
* There are no individual articles for extra missions.
* Ditto for urgent missions (and the urgent mission article doesn't explain what they are)
* Item exchange missions don't have an infobox, think they could also be tidied up a bit.
* There are no articles for DL and event exchange missions, except Wandering Peddler.
* The Secret Society article needs a few things confirming (mostly when certain exchanges become available)
* The rewards section of the The Offering Box article needs a complete rework (JP-wiki for reference)
* The Secret Bar exchange list needs tidying.
* There are no sections for Download, Battle or Challenge missions (although Download missions could be added to their relevant sections and marked as DL).
* No individual articles for Battle or Challenge missions.
* The Client Orders page isn't quite complete, and many of the JP names are untranslated (though that may not be a big deal for now).

Gameplay
* Races article needs to be finished and expanded.
* There is no Types article describing the battle types available in PSP2. This article will probably provide a good base when translated from Japanese.
* Photon Arts page doesn't explain anything about Photon Arts. The Skills, Bullets and TECHNICs pages just list the names of the relevant Arts.
* A codified format for Photon Arts pages, incorporating stuff like power, status effects, number of hits/targets, drop locations etc. is needed for individual articles on Photon Arts.

Enemies and drops
* Individual area articles with an image, list of missions and drops need to be created.

My Room
* Most individual decoration articles need to be created.

Misc
* Translations page needs to be kept up to date for ease of editing.

Sure there's more stuff, but this will do to start with. As above any help, even if it's not editing the wiki itself, will be appreciated, as will any suggestions for improvement or to add articles people feel are needed. Finally, have some JP wiki links, they may have interesting stuff:

* http://pspo2.wikiwiki.jp/
* http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/psp2/index.html

I'm in space.

Last edited by EspioKaos on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
Weapon extend data integration complete.

Post subject: Re: PSP2 wiki todo list
 Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:49 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Basic clothes format, could be applied to parts too with a few adjustments. Could possibly also be used for the main wiki. (Image linked to remove table stretching.)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/ ... 1274881087

Stats
For type I didn't have the little icons to hand but it's probably an idea to use those. There are 6 types of clothing and 4 types of parts. These are:

* Jacket
* Pants
* Shoes
* Jacket/Pants
* Pants/Shoes
* Complete outfit

* Arms
* Torso
* Legs
* Complete outfit

Icons can probably be taken from JP PSU.

Overlap is for clothes only and is basically the representation of the arrows that appear next to the name of the clothes. There should be four options for this - none, up, down, and up & down. Essentially this represents where clothes overlap and are incompatible. For example, a jacket with ▼ cannot be worn with pants with ▲ (but a jacket without ▼ CAN be worn with pants with ▲ and vice-versa). If anyone has a better name for this then feel free to suggest it.

Since Overlap is for clothes only, in parts articles this can either be set to N/A, or removed entirely (and have the table as 1x3 instead of 2x2, or stretch Type).

Rarity is obvious. Manufacturer's are the same in PSP2 as in PSU so the same logos can be used.

Colors
Clothes only, obviously. Just lists the ten colour combinations clothes can have. Note that many download/password outfits do not have colour variations so this table is optional.

Shop information
Works like other PSP2 articles. Outfits from trade missions will be listed in item details as normal. The Costume Shop is the only shop where clothes can be bought. I don't think clothes can be sold but I'm not 100% on that, so Cannot Be Sold will work for the sell price.

Drop information
Doesn't appear, because there are no clothes drops I'm aware of in PSP2 besides in the Offering Box mission. In that case, it's more like a trade with random results than an actual drop so that can be listed in item details. Every other currently released outfit is from the shop, trade missions, a download item or a password item.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I like it. I've got a few more things to finish up at work, but I'll see if I can get an article put together like this a little later on after I've caught up with a few things.

And I totally support using this on the main wiki. I think it'd look great there, too.

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:05 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Template:Costume_data

I've still got to throw together icons for the overlap cell, but that's the basic idea.

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Looks good to me.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:21 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Braves_Jacket

I threw together some icons for the overlap thing from some screens I took. Kept he color shading but cleaned up the black outline and made the background transparent. (Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do this as a PNG like I wanted. GIFs are fine, though.)

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, that overlap icon looks great either way. Thanks for sorting it all out.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Template:Weapon_stats_test

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I finally got around to doing it. The test table above is our basic weapon stats table, but with two new sections for PP/PA bonuses and demerits. I saw this data in the Perfect Bible's weapon charts and figured it might be useful to have in our stats table instead of listed in the text section above it. If we do go through with this, I've set up the template to not freak out if the PP and Pwr. tags aren't in a template (like will be the case with most at first). In this case, they'll simply show ?% instead of {{{PP}}}% or {{{Pwr.}}}%. As for getting the data, I've already got most of it from the book. I imagine only some of the recent DL items will be omitted, but I'm sure we can find that out from the JP wiki or something. And, since we'll have to go over the existing articles to update the drop templates anyway (BR has to be changed to VA), adding this wouldn't be too much effort at all.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

http://psp2.psupedia.info/The_PSPedia2:Manual_of_style
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Template:Extend_stats
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Template:Grind_info

I've updated the manual of style's template for weapon articles with a revised grind info template as well as the extend stats chart. I think with this, we're now ready to complete all of the weapon articles (and go back over existing ones to update them). Now for a few notes.

The grind info template has been changed to auto-populate the att./tech. cells with the greatest possible value for each grind. For some weapons, this is a static value, but others have a range. So, let's say a weapon can increase between 5 and 8 points per grind. The template will add 8 points per grind to the chart. To help identify this to viewers, the chart title has been modified to say "maximum potential grind." Ideally, the grinding article will be created at some point to explain the "random" upgrade amounts (well, not really random, I just can't think of a better word at the moment.)

Next, extend stats. This goes below all of the other info in a new section called "extend data." The template page explains it pretty well, so I don't think there's anything special for me to say here.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:32 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

I'm working on completing the weapon articles again. All of the swords are done, filled in with all new templates and previously missing bits of data. I'll just be going down the list in the main weapons article, taking out categories one at a time. Hopefully I can get this finished in a decent time frame. Once it's done, though, that should knock out one of the largest hurdles we face.

Edit: For the sake of record keeping, I'll cross of each section I complete in this post, then update in the OP once everything is done.

* Swords
* Knuckles
* Spears
* Double sabers
* Axes
* Twin sabers
* Twin daggers
* Twin claws
* Sabers
* Daggers
* Claws
* Whips
* Slicers
* Rifles
* Shotguns
* Longbows
* Grenades
* Laser cannons
* Twin handguns
* Handguns
* Crossbows
* Cards
* Machineguns
* RCSMs
* Rods
* Wands
* TCSMs
* Shields

Last edited by EspioKaos on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Updated list.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

And to help with keeping track of which articles are complete with the addition of English descriptions and name changes...

* Swords
* Knuckles
* Spears
* Double sabers
* Axes
* Twin sabers
* Twin daggers
* Twin claws
* Sabers
* Daggers
* Claws
* Whips
* Slicers
* Rifles
* Shotguns
* Longbows
* Grenades
* Laser cannons
* Twin handguns
* Handguns
* Crossbows
* Cards
* Machineguns
* RCSMs
* Rods
* Wands
* TCSMs
* Shields

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Good, good. I've already handled the localization of titles, some of the client requests and all enemy drops so they're just waiting for the relevant articles to be updated so they link properly again. I'm going through mission articles as well rather haphazardly, hope to be done in a few days. Then I can handle some more missions or maybe help out with item articles.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Enemy articles could use descriptions of attacks the enemies use or strategies to beat them (particularly bosses).

I'm pretty clueless on wiki editing, but is there any way I can help out with this? I've played the JP version quite a bit now, so I have a good idea of which enemies do which attacks.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:32 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Well, if you go to the article of the enemy you want to add attacks and the like for, and hit edit, you can try using this format.

Code:
== Abilities ==
* ABILITY 1 - ABILITY DESCRIPTION
* ABILITY 2 - ABILITY DESCRIPTION
* ABILITY 3 - ABILITY DESCRIPTION

== Strategies ==
To defeat the X, shoot it until it dies.

And so on, the == X == bit is to make a header, while using * at the beginning of a line creates bullet points (if you don't want to use those, just write a paragraph as normal). You can use the preview button to make sure it all looks ok, and the Sandbox article allows you to try anything out since that's what it's there for.

Other useful things to know are that ''text'' creates italic text and '''text''' creates bold text (and you can mix them to make bold, italic text). If you're familiar with HTML I believe HTML tags work as well.

In terms of the overall format of the enemy articles, they go like this (using our Dakamazli article as an example):

Code:
{{Enemy infobox
|Enemy name= {{PAGENAME}}
|JP name= ダカマズリ
|Image= [[File:{{PAGENAME}}.jpg]]
|Enemy type= Native creature (Neudaiz)
|Classification= Normal enemy
|Elements= {{Fire}}}}
'In-game enemy log description goes here'

-------------> Abilities/strategies/general info goes here <---------------

== Drop data ==
{{Enemy drop chart
|Enemy= {{PAGENAME}}
|Missions LV1=
|Missions LV10=
|Missions LV30=
|Missions LV50=
|Missions LV75=
|Missions LV100=
|Missions LV125=
|Missions LV150=
|Missions LV175= }}

[[Category:Native creatures (Neudaiz)]]

If you're still unsure just ask me, or post any info here and I'll add it to articles when I get around to it, if you prefer. Might take a while though, I'm a little busy.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:38 pm 

Mewn wrote:
If you're still unsure just ask me, or post any info here and I'll add it to articles when I get around to it, if you prefer. Might take a while though, I'm a little busy.

How's this? http://psp2.psupedia.info/Go_Vahra

If there's anything you want changing, just let me know. If that kind of information is ok, I don't mind doing it for the rest of the enemies/bosses.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:41 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

That's pretty much perfect. Thanks!

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:11 pm 

Great, I'll get to work on updating the rest of the enemy pages then. Shouldn't take too long to get done.

Edit: All Native creatures done. Will work on the rest of Humanoids tomorrow.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:06 pm 

Done a few sections now, couple of enemies/sections someone else will have to fill in unless anyone knows this:
- Zauzza - I know they spawn at Bil De Golus, but I've never watched one long enough to know what they do.
- Enemies like Kamatoze, Gainozeros - off the top of my head I don't know what type of damage each one negates with the shield. I know Seed-Argine negate melee attacks, but that's all.
- Guardians Rosta/Rosk - I've only seen the latter do handgun shots, and I can only think of Barta for the former. I don't run Gemaga enough to know much more.

Aside from those, most of the Native Creatures are done now (added elements for a couple that needed them). It's taking longer than I thought, but getting there slowly.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm 

All I've seen Zauzzas do is run around and hop at you. They'll despawn after so long if you don't kill them yourself.

By shield, you mean their old-style Dizas/Rentis shields? I don't think I've ever seen a Kamatoze use one

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:15 pm 

schlagwerk wrote:
All I've seen Zauzzas do is run around and hop at you. They'll despawn after so long if you don't kill them yourself.

By shield, you mean their old-style Dizas/Rentis shields? I don't think I've ever seen a Kamatoze use one

Oh, I mean the domed energy shield they put up around themselves. They only negate certain kinds of damage, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks for the input on Zauzza, it's rare I pay attention to them.

Edit: Done most Humanoids (I'd need to do Story more to make detailed notes on Yuto's fight, and I don't do Magashi Eradication/MAX 3 S to fight SEED-Helga. I only remember vaguely what she did in PSP1, so I'm not sure if any of her attacks are different now. I'm only Lv136, so getting through MAX 3 S without getting humiliated is somewhat of a challenge >_>

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:37 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

And done. All weapon articles have been created with official EN descriptions added (thanks again for those, Mewn). Only ones missing now are for DL items.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 pm 

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Type_abilities

Edited the ability page a bit, just added a little note section giving more specifics on what each one does, feels like I might have been redundant in some of it, maybe just putting increase by 3050% would be better instead of restating the effect too.

Didn't copy paste the description for every single useless __advance or __strike either, maybe just make a note at the start of each of those sections saying it does that for all.

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/04/100411a.html

Used that for some of them, there's a bit on professional and half defense if someone wants to take a go at it since I'm not too sure on them. Half defense seems to actually be if hp 33% or up, an attack for 75% or more of your life will only reduce you to 1 hp, but I haven't tested it. I believe professional reduces the slowdown of your attacks when they connect to an enemy by 30%, but I can't test that personally.

And finally the pp skill save 20% reduction is contrary to the game description, it may be fixed for eigo version, but since we've only had one patch on jp in a year, I wouldn't count on it.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:48 pm 

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Set_bonuses

set bonus page, didn't see the note in the history about making it easier until I was half done, ah well.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:48 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

Oh well, it's not a problem. Works fine without DPL anyway. Thanks.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Yeah, I still haven't been able to figure out a good way to DPL the set bonuses, so I may not worry about it for the time being.

Thanks a bunch for all of the help!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:13 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

I've been doing some work on PA stat charts recently. Initially, I was trying to make one basic chart that would adjust accordingly for whatever type of PA was identified (skill, bullet, support/attack Technic), but that turned out to be too much to try to code, so I just went for splitting them up between three charts. So far, I've only converted the skills chart to a template (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Template:Skill_stats), but I've got an example of the bullet chart created (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Boma_Powga). I'll be working on attack and support Technic charts later.

Anyway, these charts all come from the PSP2 Perfect Bible. The detail they give is near excessive, but I'd rather that be the case than there not being enough info.

Now, concerning the special attack column (I might end up renaming that at some point) of the skill stats chart, there are two notes that can go there (well, three if you want to count "no special"). One of them is "ignores DEF" which the book describes as "even if a monster guards, the PA will inflict its normal damage; however, if they evade, damage becomes zero." The other one I can't think of a good name for. I call it "retaliation" based on the description, but the word the guide uses is 頑強, which means "stubborn" or "tenacious." The description it gives says that when the PA is used, your DEF is boosted. And then that if a monster counters the attack, you have the ability to immediately attack again without having to worry about taking damage. Or something like that. The second sentence (モンスターが攻撃してきた際のカウンターや、ダメージを気にせず一気に攻撃したい場合に有効だ。) is what I'm not certain about, so if anyone knows for sure from experience, I'd appreciate some insight. (And for what it's worth, pretty much ever single skill has that listed in the special attack column.)

Bullets and Technics have a similar "special attack" system:
* Little effect - When hit, monsters lightly flinch, but will continue their attacks.
* Normal effect - When hit, monsters flinch, which can interrupt their attacks.
* Knock back - Knocks monsters back. Effective for stopping monster movement.
* Launch - Can launch enemies into the air.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:52 am 
PSUPedia SysOp

I prefer Tenacity to Retaliation, myself. Don't know about these PA effects though, perhaps someone else would.

I'm in space.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

OK, I'll go with that. It'll be an easy fix if it needs adjusting later.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:53 pm 

EspioKaos wrote:
The description it gives says that when the PA is used, your DEF is boosted. And then that if a monster counters the attack, you have the ability to immediately attack again without having to worry about taking damage. Or something like that. The second sentence (モンスターが攻撃してきた際のカウンターや、ダメージを気にせず一気に攻撃したい場合に有効だ。) is what I'm not certain about, so if anyone knows for sure from experience, I'd appreciate some insight. (And for what it's worth, pretty much ever single skill has that listed in the special attack column.)

How sure are you on that translation? If it's a player countering the monsters attack, well that's pretty much the perfect description of Just Counter.

As for the DEF boosted thing, is that flinch protection maybe? I know when I fight those dammegid spammers, that I get knocked back like crazy, but once I'm in a Blade Destruction animation it lets me go through it, though I eat the damage...

And hmm, looking over the skills pages you made, does the bible not list the # of hits in each step?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 pm 
PSUPedia SysOp

Ceresa wrote:
How sure are you on that translation? If it's a player countering the monsters attack, well that's pretty much the perfect description of Just Counter.

Not entirely certain of the second sentence in the book's description. I think I'm getting subject and verb types screwed up, which messes with the meaning. Or maybe it's the verb itself... I shouldn't be having this kind of issue with it, though. D: But here. Take a stab at the whole phrase, if you don't mind.

Quote:
フォトンアーツ発動時にキャラクターの防御力がアップ。 モンスターが攻撃してきた際のカウンターや、ダメージを気にせず一気に攻撃したい場合に有効だ。

Ceresa wrote:
As for the DEF boosted thing, is that flinch protection maybe? I know when I fight those dammegid spammers, that I get knocked back like crazy, but once I'm in a Blade Destruction animation it lets me go through it, though I eat the damage...

Yeah, it may be for flinch protection. So ultimately, the two specials listed could be DEF-based. The first one is definitely "DEF ignore" (防御無視), and maybe 頑強 could be considered "DEF up" if for nothing more than the first sentence that says it boosts DEF when you use the PA.

Ceresa wrote:
And hmm, looking over the skills pages you made, does the bible not list the # of hits in each step?

Kind of. It has a few columns that give a modifier which is applied to the weapon's base number of hits (which are detailed in another section).

Board index » PSUPedia » PSUPedia